+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation Provillus Hair Loss Treatment - Scam? Fake Reviews? FDA Approved?

Is it just me or does it seem like Provillus has flooded the internet with fake websites that say how wonderful provillus is. They appear to be intentionally trying to deceive the public. After all, it is the ONLY thing to work for the famous (most likely fictitious) BaldingTony. Oddly enough Balding Tony writes about Rogaine and how it is a long processes and messy and goes on to say "If you’re thinking about having a girl run her fingers through your hair while you’re using Rogaine, you better be prepared to explain to her what the hell is on your head, because your hair will feel absolutely nasty to her." But correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that the only real hair growing ingredient in Provillus in the first place. Isn't that the two step process? One a bunch of vitamins and the liquid topical is actually a combination on MINOXIDIL and AZELIC ACID ? ARRGHHHHH

It's not just that site, but many many others all pimping provillus, they are like fake review sites with the only winning product being Provillus. It seems overwhelming obvious what this company is doing.

My own mother was ripped off by them. She mistakenly believed in this product and is just devastated by her hair loss.

They have 23 complaints noted in the Better Business Bureau. TWENTY THREE!

If you are considering this product I suggest you get yourself a bottle of generic minoxidil and a box of multivitamins.

Default Lotions and Potions

For years charlatans have been selling snake oil guaranteed to grow hair. They survive by the placebo effect. Years ago when minoxidil was being tested topically for FDA approval approximately 6,000 men were in the double blinded study. 40% of the men who rubbed the placebo into their head were judged to have grown hair and 55% of the men using the active ingredient were judged to have grown hair. The FDA was hesitant to approve minoxidil for hair growth because of the large placebo factor but eventually approved it because the study involved 6,000 subjects. Subtracting the placebo factor from the successful growth leaves 15% of the subjects growing hair.

Products that don't work have no problem finding customers who testify that they grew hair, and they are not liars. They want so much to see new hair that in their eyes they see it. Also the density of every persons hair varies through the year. In wild animals the hair thickens in the fall and thins in the summer. We are also animals but we have not been exposed to the same seasons for 25,000 years like the wild animals. We moved from other areas including the southern hemisphere where the seasons are reversed. Therefore every person has his own times when his hair is a bit thicker and a bit thinner. If the person happens to be using a product at the time the hair is naturally thickening, he attributes the thickening to the produce.

"Guaranteed ti grow hair" is no business problem. Consumer research reports that only one person in 200 will bother to package the unused portion with the original receipt and send it in. The companies should pay them and consider it overhead but they rarely do. I have patients who attempted to get a refund. After sending in everything requested they got no response. six weeks later they sent another letter. Nobody will bother with more than two letters it is not worth the effort.

In site of what I have written, we must evaluate genuine new products before condemning them. However we don't have to do that with items which consist of only known ingredients like minoxidil and vitamins.

Incidentally, vitamins will grow hair if you have vitamin deficiency diseases. If you have scurvy, rickets, or beriberi and you take vitamins your hair will grow back, but you had a lot of other symptoms. Nobody comes into my office with vitamin deficiency diseases so I never treat with vitamins.