+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    I have been busy in real-life. Now that I'm on fin, minox, and Nizoral (niz twice weekly 2%), there isn't much left to do. When I get more time I'll try to come back and post about my emotions and hair loss.
    Are you maintaining - regrown?

I find it hard to discuss about my hairloss with anyone in real life especially with those who haven't experienced it .Whenever I tried , I somehow got a feeling that some of them.. they were secretly taking pleasure out of hearing my condition. May be 'coz I am not going to die like if I have cancer ,but I would start looking funnier as time goes on. For them ,It's like getting kicks out of killing a character in a video game .. or let your sims character commit suicide (yes I am 25 and I paly sims.. sucks..ikr )

It feels bad to know that no matter what success you get.. there are not many who envy and aspire to be you. In the end.. it's a balding man with a trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by howardroarke View Post
    I find it hard to discuss about my hairloss with anyone in real life especially with those who haven't experienced it .Whenever I tried , I somehow got a feeling that some of them.. they were secretly taking pleasure out of hearing my condition.
    It's sad to admit that, the more I look apprehensive with some people about hairloss, the more I feel "weak" in a social way.

Inactive

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by howardroarke View Post
    I find it hard to discuss about my hairloss with anyone in real life especially with those who haven't experienced it .Whenever I tried , I somehow got a feeling that some of them.. they were secretly taking pleasure out of hearing my condition. May be 'coz I am not going to die like if I have cancer ,but I would start looking funnier as time goes on.
    I think it's difficult to discuss the subject of hair loss with people who haven't experienced it themselves because they have no idea what to say about it. People generally know what to say when someone confides in them about a divorce, a death in the family, a serious medical issue, financial difficulties, job loss, or related issues even if they haven't been through those things themselves. But what do you say to someone struggling with hair loss? You're basically commenting on the subject of someone's physical appearance, which is a pretty uncomfortable subject and which there are strong social taboos against.