+ Reply to Thread

Thread: tight scalp

Cool tight scalp

Is there any truth to the tale that if you have a tight scalp you will be a victim of hairloss? Also I heard that a lack of fatty tissue under the scalp is also a cause for concern when it comes to hairloss. I myself have a tight scalp and when I press down on the bald scalp skin there seems to be no fat cushion just skin and bone; but when i press down on the sides and back where I have hair there is a cushion of fat under the skin. Can anyone comment further? If this subject was already covered please direct me to that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Horseshoe View Post
    Is there any truth to the tale that if you have a tight scalp you will be a victim of hairloss? Also I heard that a lack of fatty tissue under the scalp is also a cause for concern when it comes to hairloss. I myself have a tight scalp and when I press down on the bald scalp skin there seems to be no fat cushion just skin and bone; but when i press down on the sides and back where I have hair there is a cushion of fat under the skin. Can anyone comment further? If this subject was already covered please direct me to that thread.
    yes this was addressed many decades ago. Turns out it was false. Why do you people bring it up again?

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    yes this was addressed many decades ago. Turns out it was false. Why do you people bring it up again?
    I don't know about you people, but I'm new here and i'm a hairloss sufferer and i'm trying to learn and I may have come across some old info pretaining to the subject at hand or maybe there was new evidence supporting the claim, either way, isn't this what this forum is for? Don't bite my bald head off...

Quote Originally Posted by Horseshoe View Post
    I don't know about you people, but I'm new here and i'm a hairloss sufferer and i'm trying to learn and I may have come across some old info pretaining to the subject at hand or maybe there was new evidence supporting the claim, either way, isn't this what this forum is for? Don't bite my bald head off...

okay well I was just saying that that theory is simply false. People are bringing it back every month or so but it's still false....

Where did you read about it though?

okay well I was just saying that that theory is simply false. People are bringing it back every month or so but it's still false....

I was scouring the internet for any hairloss news and I must have read it on one dozens of sites I came across. I don't know which one it was. My memory is fading like my hair. But I guess it has to be false since it's not being talked about.... Funny thing is my dad who has a full head of hair and he is 70 does have play in his scalp, where as my scalp is like taking a rubber balloon and stretching it across a basketball, super tight no play no padding.

I wouldn't say its totally false...

I have many years experience with finasteride and in my case, tight scalp and my hair shedding went hand in hand.

With the correct dose, right now that i'm taking, has stopped the tight scalp and my hair has began to thicken up all over and I'm getting growth in the temples.

my hair seemed thicker for the 1'st 100 days, then 6 weeks or so before 200 days began a shed... after 200 days the shedding stopped and I'm getting great regrowth.

My case, my opinion.