+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Senior Member BaldinLikeBaldwin's Avatar

that's a lot of grafts for a relatively small area...how many grafts can usually be taken from the average donor area, isn't it around 6-7k?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Dr ferundi (SP?) has got back to me 1800 - 2200 grafts to lower hairline.
    How much will that cost?

So you only want to lower your hairline? Why not start from the back, in the vertex? It's gonna look weird when you start going thin on top. Start from the back and work your way down the hairline, with 2-3 HT's. If you can afford it of course.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    How much will that cost?

So you only want to lower your hairline? Why not start from the back, in the vertex? It's gonna look weird when you start going thin on top. Start from the back and work your way down the hairline, with 2-3 HT's. If you can afford it of course.
    Im not thinning behind the hairline.

Yeah, I know, that's why I said when you start thinning back there. If you have MPB and aren't taking fin, you'll thin in the vertex and middle eventually. But i'm sure you'll just get HT's there when it does happen right?

Yeah, I know, that's why I said when you start thinning back there. If you have MPB and aren't taking fin, you'll thin in the vertex and middle eventually. But i'm sure you'll just get HT's there when it does happen right?
    Hopefully better treatments are out by then, plus - aren't there many cases where guys receed a bit and then it stops?

Pierce brosnan, Gary oldman, John terry, Jordan knight being examples of this?

Hopefully better treatments are out by then, plus - aren't there many cases where guys receed a bit and then it stops?

Pierce brosnan, Gary oldman, John terry, Jordan knight being examples of this?
    With celebs, you can never tell if they're just that lucky to only have a matured hairline in to their 60s, or if they have done some kind of HT or have a wig.

If you replace the celebs you just mentioned, with Bob from right around the corner, or your next door neighbor John, or Bill from down the block...if these guys are hit with MPB, they will be hit entirely. But with celebs, you can never be too sure what they have done to their hair.

Good luck if you get the HT though.

With celebs, you can never tell if they're just that lucky to only have a matured hairline in to their 60s, or if they have done some kind of HT or have a wig.

If you replace the celebs you just mentioned, with Bob from right around the corner, or your next door neighbor John, or Bill from down the block...if these guys are hit with MPB, they will be hit entirely. But with celebs, you can never be too sure what they have done to their hair.

Good luck if you get the HT though.
    Yeah, its hard to predict TBH.

But I think a poster here wrote earlier (ryan555) how his grandad matured to a NW2 in his 20s, and kept it till he died.

God, so frustrating.

TBH if I do get a HT, I will try a low dose of fin first.

Yeah, its hard to predict TBH.

But I think a poster here wrote earlier (ryan555) how his grandad matured to a NW2 in his 20s, and kept it till he died.

God, so frustrating.

TBH if I do get a HT, I will try a low dose of fin first.
    Would that even be classified as MPB?

All MPB'ers start with a matured hairline. Then it gets worse in a year or two. Diffuse thinners I think thin all over? Without a receding hairline.

But then again all hairlines mature sooner or later. Unless you're John Cena, with his juvenile hairline. I guess a matured hairline can go two ways. You can keep going to a classic MPB, or you can keep that matured hairline.

Would that even be classified as MPB?

All MPB'ers start with a matured hairline. Then it gets worse in a year or two. Diffuse thinners I think thin all over? Without a receding hairline.

But then again all hairlines mature sooner or later. Unless you're John Cena, with his juvenile hairline. I guess a matured hairline can go two ways. You can keep going to a classic MPB, or you can keep that matured hairline.
    Sigh. God knows.

My hairline has been stable for 2 years without fin or anything. I know that much.

Older brother, same hairline, year older - same rate of 'balding'. His hair is still very very thick.

Yeah,
    Imo getting a hair transplant in your case would be a big mistake. You have little to no visible loss right now. Getting a hair transplant to lower your hairline to NW 0 or 1 at a young age is risky. Sure there seems to be great treatments on the horizon but there is no guarantee that they will come to fruition. There is also no way to 100% tell what the future holds for you in terms of hair loss. If you end up experiencing aggressive hair loss in the future and none of the future treatments come to market you are going to have a strip of hair at your juvenile hairline and not enough grafts to cover your head. Granted that would be the worst case scenario, but the risk vs. reward in your case is not favorable. You have great hair right now.

To be frank with you, you would probably be better off spending time and money trying to figure out why you are so consumed by your hair loss. Most of the people on this forum have a reason to be so depressed, from looking at your pictures I don't see why you are freaking out. If I was you I wouldn't even know these forums existed because you have no need for them. I don't want to be a dick but come on man your hair is amazing. This thread is 14 pages long with you freaking out about being bald, and if I saw you on the street I wouldn't even consider you to have lost one hair. In fact I would look at you like I do all the other guys I see with great hair, with envy.