+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default There are no hairloss treatments.

We are all wasting our time. There are no viable treatments.

Propecia - your penis can get ****ed

Minoxidil - In many cases not effective.

The others are just shit.

Yesterday, I as out, a friend pointed out that my hair was growing in a triangle, then remarks, "oh you probably have lost a bit of hair at the temples" and then points at it.

I felt SHIT

**** this hairloss SHIT

I know how you feel man.
    My mate pointed out my temple hair loss and it made me feel a bit shit too. At the end of the day though, that's all it is. I'm happy enough being a norwood 2, and just hope propecia maintains what I have. Yeah I can't pull off every hairstyle, and my hair looks silly when it's wet, but you gotta roll with the punches.
    It does make it harder sometimes when it seems that every young person around me still has all their temple hair, but what can you do

How long have you been on propecia? Is it working?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    How long have you been on propecia? Is it working?
    I wouldnt if I were you.

We are all wasting our time. There are no viable treatments.
    Both Propecia and Rogaine work for most people who use these medications correctly and properly. Unfortunately, they do not work for everyone - nothing does. Also, many males are using these medications on their hair lines. The hair line is the area that is least likely to respond to any treatment other than transplant surgery. Males are genetically programmed to loose their adolescent hair lines and develop an adult male hair line. I am very well aware that the majority of the guys here do not want to accept that reality - but it is the truth. To proclaim that these treatments do not work at all because they did not work on your hair line is flatly false.

During this past Sunday's BTT broadcast, Spencer pointed out that many guys are using these treatments simply to try to restore their hair lines. Yes, some males can restore some of there hair line with medications - but most males cannot. That does not mean the treatments don't work. These treatments do work on the vertex and mid-anterior for people who use them properly.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    I wouldnt if I were you.
    Can you tell me why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Both Propecia and Rogaine work for most people who use these medications correctly and properly. Unfortunately, they do not work for everyone - nothing does. Also, many males are using these medications on their hair lines. The hair line is the area that is least likely to respond to any treatment other than transplant surgery. Males are genetically programmed to loose their adolescent hair lines and develop an adult male hair line. I am very well aware that the majority of the guys here do not want to accept that reality - but it is the truth. To proclaim that these treatments do not work at all because they did not work on your hair line is flatly false.

During this past Sunday's BTT broadcast, Spencer pointed out that many guys are using these treatments simply to try to restore their hair lines. Yes, some males can restore some of there hair line with medications - but most males cannot. That does not mean the treatments don't work. These treatments do work on the vertex and mid-anterior for people who use them properly.
    I havent jumped onto treatments because everyone tells me I have a mature hairline.

HOWEVER

I am shit scared, especially after yday comment

And what difference is the mature hairline from balding.

Who is to say it wont progress?

Maybe it is just an adult hair line, maybe it is more. I can't see you so I don't know. However, if others guys are teasing you because you have an adult hair line and they don't, don't worry, because they will have adult hair lines themselves before too long.

If all you have going on is an adult male hair line and no thinning in your crown or mid-anterior areas, there is not much point in trying to treat it. If you do have thinning in your vertex and/or mid-anterior areas and that bothers you, you probably should talk to your doctor about treating it.

And what difference is the mature hairline from balding.
    This is a grey area. If you also have thinning in your vertex and/or mid-anterior, you are balding. Otherwise only time will reveal if it is actually balding or not.

Who is to say it wont progress?
    There is no way to predict that. The best thing you can do is take good quality photos of your scalp every six months to help you keep an eye on it and catch it early if it is actually is balding.

Maybe it is just an adult hair line, maybe it is more. I can't see you so I don't know. However, if others guys are teasing you because you have an adult hair line and they don't, don't worry, because they will have adult hair lines themselves before too long.

If all you have going on is an adult male hair line and no thinning in your crown or mid-anterior areas, there is not much point in trying to treat it. If you do have thinning in your vertex and/or mid-anterior areas and that bothers you, you probably should talk to your doctor about treating it.

This is a grey area. If you also have thinning in your vertex and/or mid-anterior, you are balding. Otherwise only time will reveal if it is actually balding or not.

There is no way to predict that. The best thing you can do is take good quality photos of your scalp every six months to help you keep an eye on it and catch it early if it is actually is balding.
    So why wait until I lose more hair? When I can maintain now

This mature hairline sounds like a myth to make guys feel better.

Sigh feel so frustrated