+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    I've been on it for about 21 months as well as keto shampoo (which I started at least 6 months before fin....maybe longer than that). In the beginning I did notice a slight change in ejaculatory fluid (sorry for too much info), which seemed to resolve itself pretty quickly. I'm not positive it was from finasteride, but it definitely could have been my body going through a drug adjustment period.

As for starting at .25 and working up, I think this may reduce your risk of side effects. I don't think it's necessary for most men, but I also see nothing wrong with "tapering up" this way. If it makes you feel safer than starting at 1 mg or 1.25 mg, I would say go for it.
    Does it help with the hairline?

Read guys saying their hairline worsens after taking this.

And will I shed?

I understand your frustration with the current treatments as well. I will concede that finasteride does slow down hair loss to the point that I'm taking it myself. But in terms of regrowth, the options that we have out there now are utterly pathetic. I haven't seen minoxidil regrow anything other than vellous hairs and for most people, I don't think that it regrows a damn thing. To call it a hair regrowth stimulant is an absolute joke, just like I laugh when people refer to "The Big 3" as minoxidil, finasteride, and some dipshit shampoo like Nizoral. I will concede that finasteride is effective in slowing down hair loss, but the other two (minoxidil and nizoral) are really just a joke and show how pathetic our options are today for regrowing our hair. As I've said so many times before, for an issue that affects our lives so drastically and negatively (hair loss), it's really unconscionable that we have such limited options to treat it.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    I understand your frustration with the current treatments as well. I will concede that finasteride does slow down hair loss to the point that I'm taking it myself. But in terms of regrowth, the options that we have out there now are utterly pathetic. I haven't seen minoxidil regrow anything other than vellous hairs and for most people, I don't think that it regrows a damn thing. To call it a hair regrowth stimulant is an absolute joke, just like I laugh when people refer to "The Big 3" as minoxidil, finasteride, and some dipshit shampoo like Nizoral. I will concede that finasteride is effective in slowing down hair loss, but the other two (minoxidil and nizoral) are really just a joke and show how pathetic our options are today for regrowing our hair. As I've said so many times before, for an issue that affects our lives so drastically and negatively (hair loss), it's really unconscionable that we have such limited options to treat it.
    Have you had any sides etc etc?

How long have you been on it for and at what dosage

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Does it help with the hairline?

Read guys saying their hairline worsens after taking this.

And will I shed?
    Yes it helps with the hairline. However I believe my corner recession progressed a bit before fin stopped it, during the first 6 months or so. (Those hairs would have gone without fin anyhow, so, oh well.)
    Since then though, the hairline is holding for me.
    Most guys do go through an initial shed when starting hair loss treatments, including finasteride, so you probably will too. The important thing is to ride it out at least a full year before even thinking about quitting.

I've been on 1mg of Propecia for about 2 years now. I have noticed sides as well yet I continue to take it because I'm scared to death of living life as a bald man. It's helped to lessen hair loss but it hasn't completely stopped it (I still see hair on my bathroom floor although that may be because I have long hair). If Propecia was much more effective (if it regrew a substantial amount of hair), then I'd be way more tolerant of the side effects. But give it a try man, I'd take side effects any day over living life as a bald man. I dunno, ask me in 5 years again though!

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    I've been on 1mg of Propecia for about 2 years now. I have noticed sides as well yet I continue to take it because I'm scared to death of living life as a bald man. It's helped to lessen hair loss but it hasn't completely stopped it (I still see hair on my bathroom floor although that may be because I have long hair). If Propecia was much more effective (if it regrew a substantial amount of hair), then I'd be way more tolerant of the side effects. But give it a try man, I'd take side effects any day over living life as a bald man. I dunno, ask me in 5 years again though!
    Well this is my hair:

As you can see it is thick. Which is why I am scared to death to start fin and worsen it. Given there hasn't been significant changes to my hair over the past year.

I am 26.

But the problem is the hairline, it is forcing my hair to grow in the centre, forming a triangle in my head. Hence my friends comment about my temples. If my hair stays the same, I will be a happy man, but I dont know if I should hold out until better treatments come out on start fin.

Sigh I feel so sad about this shit.

If you have MPB, finasteride is not going to make you lose any hair that you wouldn't lose without it.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    If you have MPB, finasteride is not going to make you lose any hair that you wouldn't lose without it.
    based on the photos, would you start using fin?

Only if you have MPB, which is hard to tell from your pics. If you have it, the earlier you start fin, the more hair you will save. If you don't have it, fin is pointless.

Dude you are not that bad at all!! better than like 85% of people on here!

To anyone who wasn't concerned with balding they wouldn't even bat an eyelid at your hairline.

personally i would start on a low does of fin.

but thats my opinion, im sure others will warn you off!!!