+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    Yeah,
    Imo getting a hair transplant in your case would be a big mistake. You have little to no visible loss right now. Getting a hair transplant to lower your hairline to NW 0 or 1 at a young age is risky. Sure there seems to be great treatments on the horizon but there is no guarantee that they will come to fruition. There is also no way to 100% tell what the future holds for you in terms of hair loss. If you end up experiencing aggressive hair loss in the future and none of the future treatments come to market you are going to have a strip of hair at your juvenile hairline and not enough grafts to cover your head. Granted that would be the worst case scenario, but the risk vs. reward in your case is not favorable. You have great hair right now.

To be frank with you, you would probably be better off spending time and money trying to figure out why you are so consumed by your hair loss. Most of the people on this forum have a reason to be so depressed, from looking at your pictures I don't see why you are freaking out. If I was you I wouldn't even know these forums existed because you have no need for them. I don't want to be a dick but come on man your hair is amazing. This thread is 14 pages long with you freaking out about being bald, and if I saw you on the street I wouldn't even consider you to have lost one hair. In fact I would look at you like I do all the other guys I see with great hair, with envy.
    Yeah I understand GreatJob!

I guess the problem with hairloss is exactly that, it is unpredictable. I have great hair right now, but who knows what the future holds. The fact that I have lost a little bit of hair, demonstrates one thing; I carry the hairloss gene. It just hasn't expressed itself aggressively...I have cousins, who have lost ZERO hairs at 30.

This is why I am depressed, because hair - no matter how minor the loss is, forms apart of your identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    The vast majority of guys want to believe that this is a myth. It isn't a myth. This is one of those natural and normal male physical traits that differs from females like bigger hands, bigger feet, deeper voice, wider shoulders and so on.

Whether you wait to treat it or not is entirely up to you. It is your decision alone and no one can or should make it for you. You can only try to predict what will happen but you cannot know for sure what will happen. You need to look at your male relatives from both sides of your family to try to determine if it is likely to get worse or not.
    Maybe this will help your case if you call it a secondary sexual trait like this Dr. mentions in his article. Sorry for the improper citation format:
    Sinclair -Male androgenetic alopecia
    JMHG Vol. 1, No. 4, pp. 319–327, December 2004

"Androgenetic alopecia, also known as com-
    mon baldness, hereditary baldness and andro-
    genic alopecia is the most common cause of
    hair loss in men. It is distinctive due to the
    pattern of progression of the scalp hair loss.
    Genetically predisposed men initially develop
    bitemporal recession. Next they develop dif-
    fuse frontal loss and thereafter a bald patch
    over the vertex of the scalp. Ultimately all the
    hair over the crown is lost. The pathogenesis
    involves androgen-induced miniaturisation of
    terminal hairs into vellus hairs in affected
    regions of the scalp. Some degree of follicular
    miniaturisation and consequential hair loss is
    universal and is considered to be a physiologi-
    cal secondary sexual characteristic.

So I take this to mean that some loss of hair is supposed to happen just like beard growth. It may be the first sign of mpb but it is going to happen whether you end up with mpb later or not (most likely unfortunately IMHO)

Now as to how common mpb is , he went on to say this:

" Those with a strong predisposition bald in
    their teens, and those with a weak
    predisposition may not bald until
    they are in their 60s or 70s. Fewer
    than 15% of men have little or no
    baldness by the age of 70
    ."

So it sounds like mpb does follow most of the time at some point.
    So Yea you should consider temple recession normal and it sounds like your family keeps their hair for a long time anyway. I can tell you firsthand that you can keep your mature hairline for a long time. I stayed that way for nearly 20 years before my mpb started to appear.

So just monitor it with pics like the others have said and you should be fine.

Dear Diary,

WHYYY MEEEE?!!?!

Yours truly,

yeahyeahyeah

Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    Some degree of follicular
    miniaturisation and consequential hair loss is
    universal and is considered to be a physiologi-
    cal secondary sexual characteristic.

So I take this to mean that some loss of hair is supposed to happen just like beard growth.
    That is 100% true. However, some males do not experience this. It is very rare though. These who do not experience this are the anomaly, not the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    That is 100% true. However, some males do not experience this. It is very rare though. These who do not experience this are the anomaly, not the norm.
    Its more common then you think.

Again, you are going to tell me to go outside and look.

I personally have 4 uncles with ZERO hairloss at 50. They dont take any meds.

Explain that?

I know others who have zero hairloss too.

The fact that a mature hairline often progresses to MPB, means that it IS IN FACT MPB

Quote Originally Posted by lilpauly View Post
    1) every single person on the internet and their mothers have seen your hairline pictures... why do you keep posting them again?
    2) you're on steroids. MPB is at 10x speed.
    3) you're using products that are unattainable for most
    4) you take crappy pictures

why oh why!

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    1) every single person on the internet and their mothers have seen your hairline pictures... why do you keep posting them again?
    2) you're on steroids. MPB is at 10x speed.
    3) you're using products that are unattainable for most
    4) you take crappy pictures

why oh why!
    2020 the photo clearly shows a hairline filling in! i just took the pic yesterday and im geting gret results from asc j9!. u on the hand have no photos showing your progress my photos might be crappy but they are better than no photos. 2020 u know the same sources as i do for every sinlge treatment i'm using.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Explain that?
    If you would pay attention, you would know that I already have. Several times.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    The fact that a mature hairline often progresses to MPB, means that it IS IN FACT MPB
    No it isn't. Pull your head out. If you need help with that, call a proctologist.

Quote Originally Posted by lilpauly View Post
    mature hairline=mpb
    No it isn't. The mature adult male hairline is natural and normal virilization. Sometimes MPB does follow it eventually - years after the fact - but not in every case. I order for it to be MPB it would have to lead to MPB in every case - but it doesn't. Now get yourself to a real doctor before you do irreversible harm to yourself.

I'm not sure why it's now popular to say mature hairlines don't exist.
    Most men will experience some degree of recession in their teens or 20s; since most men also eventually experience MPB, I guess people are mistaking one for the other.

We've all known men who lose hair at the corners/temples as young adults but then experience no further hair loss for decades--or ever, in some cases. That is not MPB. MPB is a progressive condition that doesn't magically stop on its own for 35 years (not even fin or dut will maintain your hair that long, though of course neither was around 35 years ago).

That said, something like 2/3 of us have MPB before our 40th birthday. So just because your hairline matures and stops for a long time, doesn't mean you're in the clear. Statistically, you will most likely start losing more hair, whether the MPB kicks in at 30 or 60.