+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

It does not take very long to see who is here to help other hairloss sufferers and who are not.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Yes, I agree letting others know about this industry and giving them as much information as possible and not just being selective is very helpful.

I will leave the pep talks on washing gently after the procedure to the reps.

If only this information and online research was availible 20 years ago.....my decision would have been very, very different. those thinking about have a HT today are very lucky. Not only have Docs improved their skill in addition to better technology, but the ability to reach out and aquire as much information to make a valid decision is at their fingertips.

Quote Originally Posted by northeastguy View Post
    If only this information and online research was availible 20 years ago.....my decision would have been very, very different. those thinking about have a HT today are very lucky. Not only have Docs improved their skill in addition to better technology, but the ability to reach out and aquire as much information to make a valid decision is at their fingertips.
    This is an excellent point.

All the information needed is out there, it just takes a lot of time and a bit of sense to go through it all and know who/what to believe.

Many repair patients would have a very different outlook on the HT industry if they did this instead of rushing in.

That was the exact point....We didn't have this! Rushing in wasn't the problem. Lack of resourses was more appropriate. When I started in the early 90's it was a packet in the mail then a trim to the sales advisor telling you they will simply remove the growing hair from the back of your head and naturally place it in the front.... problem solved. We had no forums or resourses to tap into to make a logical and well thought out decision.

dont forget also that `some ` Drs tell blatant lies , yes its great to have the technology to conduct research , it was not there for me 20 years ago ,

I did consult with a good Dr who told me to avoid plug / punch grafts at all costs , micro grafts were state of the art back then.

so when i quizzed my first butcher ( sorry dr , dr miles wislang ) he said he was quote .." freinds ".. with the first Dr I had consulted with and he did.. quote " state of the art " work just a little cheaper than the Dr in the USA , had he shown me a patient one or two weeks down the line i would of run a mile ...... he butchered my 22 year old head for approx $2k usd !!

so even with the best research.. meet patients check out there results ,remember , if in doubt do nothing .

ejj

Well said ejj.