+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hairline repair

Default Hairline repair

Hi.

I made a HT last year of 2000 grafts FUE to my hairline in Europe, i can tell the doctor later on.

The density was good after the transplant but the design was a disaster, the doctor had placed a lot of 2 and 3-hair follicular units in the front of my hairline instead of only naturally occurring individual follicular units.

Also my hairs in the hairline are thick as pubic hair and very black, that is maybe my donor hair to blame but i think he could choose finer donor hair from other areas as behind the ears or from the nape.

The second thing was that he did not do enough irregulatory which makes the hairline look both sharp and unnatural

This two things make my hairline look like shit and my social life has been a disaster for the last 15 months. All people i meet in work and social life are looking at the hairline and it is mentally a real pain

I have of course to told the clinic about my dissapointment with the result but they are just ignoring the bad results and telling me that the results are very good and that I am to sensetive about it. I am telling them all my friend and family and all other people who thinks it looks unnatural and poor.

So I have decided to not go back to the same clinic to do the repair if they feel this is a good HT, no way.

That is why I am seeking a qualified doctor who can do hairline repairs and i want the following done.

- Extract those grafts in the hairline with 2 and 3 units and if they can split them up in 1 units and ad them in front

- soften upp the hairline by adding and removing grafts so the dont grow in one sharp line

- Extract a few fine grafts from the nape or other area where the hairs are fine and ad them to my hairline.

Do you guys have any links of people that have had this kind of repairs and which doctors have experience in this kind of work with FUE

Is this possible t

The extent of the correction will depend, to a large part, on the availability of adequate donor hair reserves.

Sorry to hear you`ve had poor work done as everyone knows it should only be ones in the first few rows on a hairline.
    You certainly will be able to have this rectified via another doctor.
    Some pictures of your hairline,close ups so we can all see the extent of the work.
    I guess you will be styling your hair down to cover the work the best you can.

Take care bm.

Doctor Representative the B spot's Avatar

Hi Chrissy, as Bigmac stated, we need to see some pics to give you an accurate assessment of your situation. Sharing the doctor is not of great importance at this time, unless of course you want to prevent the same from happening to others.

Post some pics so the members of this board can offer some solid comments and suggestions.

Take Care,
    Jason
    Patient Advocate/FUE Coordinator for Shapiro Medical Group. My advice and opinions are my own and is not medical advice. I am a Cubs fan.

As mentioned hairline work with appropriate grafts and appropriate design can help resolve your situ Pics will only help us all advise a little more accurately -

Ok, i will take a picture soon

Do you have any links to patients that have had their hairline repaired and I wonder if there are donor hair in specific areas that are fines the others, that could be exchanged with those thick ones I have now

Here are some pics of hairlines Dr Feller has repaired:

Here are a few Repair guys Dr Feller has done.

I am also a repair patient so feel free to browse my blog

Also if you look below, right at the bottom of this page there is a feature on this forum that links you to "similar threads" (very useful!)

The grafts should have been disected down under magnificatioon in order to provide you with appropriate grafts on the hairline. This is what top clinics do as standard. ..Then comes the artistry.
    Last edited by Spex; 04-17-2009 at 02:28 AM.