+ Reply to Thread

Default Earliest age to get a HT?

I am 21 and I am really considering getting a HT in the near future, I've been on the big 3 for over 8 months with no improvements so I've decided the only way for me is for a HT.

But the thing is I hear surgeons won't do a HT to a person of age of atleast 24?; so I was wondering what's peoples on view on this because I rather get a HT before I go totally bald.

Wait as long as you can. Continue on the Big 3, Sometimes they can take up to a year to kick in. Don't rush this decision...

I agree, it really takes one full year to make a fair evaluation and then it should be facilitated with the use of a digital microscope with an integrated camera. These are the newer Carson USB scopes that can download the images into your computer for comparison purposes. This is the sure way to know if the patient is stabilizing or continuing to lose hair within a defined surface area.

The magnification is up to 35X and also has a built in illuminator. The resolution is up to 640x480. They onlu cost $39.99 US. The 6 ft cable is only $2.97 US and can be purchased online from Radio Shack.

If you are still losing hair after one year of close comparisons, and also following the big 3 meds as directed, I would recommend that you buzz your head for now.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

.....Well said and excellent advice.

cut your hair short or shave it, hope for a cure and enjoy your life. don't even consider having hairtransplant at your age. it will be biggest mistake of your life.