+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default How long it takes Minoxidil to work?

Well I've been on the big 3 for roughly around 7/8 months now and I haven't seen any improvement or halt of hair loss. And I'm really thinking at the moment in ditching Regaine and increasing the dosage of Fin from 1mg to 2mg.

But my question is, has anyone here experienced any improvements of Regaine say after 8 months or more? On the product label it says it takes around 12 weeks which obviously for me hasn't.

I've been on Minox foam over twelves months, still waiting for improvement. Can safely say it doesn't work for me.

It could be working in that its helping you keep what you have and maybe thicken some hairs.

Quote Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
    It could be working in that its helping you keep what you have and maybe thicken some hairs.
    I don't really know, I continue to shed and may have thinned out a bit in the last few months.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatSage View Post
    I don't really know, I continue to shed and may have thinned out a bit in the last few months.
    If you want to take a chance at it, stop Rogaine. If your hair falls out even faster than it was on Rogaine, then there's your answer. Rogaine slowed down your hair loss. You might have very aggressive hair loss.

Also when I was on Nizoral for 6 months, it made my hair loss worse. I only believe in Fin and minoxidil. Not telling you to stop using Nizoral shampoo, just saying what it did to me.

One last thing, don't up the finasteride dose to 2mg, up it to 1.25 mg. You can do this by cutting 5mg in to 4 pieces.

But my question is, has anyone here experienced any improvements of Regaine say after 8 months or more?
    It is different for everyone. This medication does not work for everyone. I saw improvement between four and six months. I continue to see very slow but steady improvement to this day - four years after starting the medicine... Realistically, you should use this medication for a full year before deciding if it is working for you - and how well it is working for you.

Another very important point that needs to be made concerns the fact that many guys here are trying to use this medication on there hair lines. Since males are genetically programmed to loose their temple hair, this medication is not likely to be able to fight that natural and normal genetic trait - neither is Finasteride. Some males have been able to grow back temple hair with this medication but most males cannot.

I'll stop using the Regaine for maybe 1 or 2 weeks just to see what happens but I'll stick to the Fin.

I'm not really sure if I use it for another 4 months it will help...unless someone tells me otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Realistically, you should use this medication for a full year before deciding if it is working for you - and how well it is working for you.
    Is there any proof that it should be used for at least a year?

The label saying it should work within 12 weeks is very misleading and so I'm very confused if I should stop or not.

Is there any proof that it should be used for at least a year?

The label saying it should work within 12 weeks is very misleading and so I'm very confused if I should stop or not.
    The thing people do not understand is that you usually will know within 12 weeks "IF" the medication will work for you - but that does not mean you will know how well it works for you that soon. It takes longer to know how well it will work. The label actually says that if you haven't seen indication that it is working in 12 weeks, you should consult a doctor. Most of the time, the doctor will tell you to continue using it for a full year to determine if it is truly working for you.

u also have to consider - shedding. i did see sme improvement at 10 weeks, but then, i started to shed (i think). i actually have even less hair at post 12 weeks stage. but, i guess, this means treatment is working. i plan to stay on big 3 for at least one year, regardless of how the hair look.