+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I have read some strange reports on Dr. Rassman and I’ve seen some soo soo pictures posted on other forums. He would not be on my list of top hair transplant surgeons. His blog is very promotional, but that might just be my personal take on it. From what I can tell he didn't keep up with the times and other doctors passed him by. I never hear any mention of him outside of an occasional negative post on other forums so I don’t know if I would be comfortable going to him when there are so many good doctors discussed on this site.

Inactive

Hey J. Curious as to what you ended up doing about your hair. I finally took the leap about 2 months ago with Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles (after struggling with hair loss for several years). I'm still anxiously awaiting for my hair to grow back in, but I already have more hair than I did. (Thinking maybe the Finasteride I'm taking has reduced the amount of shock loss I've suffered).

Anyway.... Regarding LA HT docs, I would definitely consider Dr. Mohebi when looking to have a transplant done. He's a member of both the IAHRS and ISHRS and delivers great results. I also like the fact that his policy is to only operate on one patient a day. When I was researching, I found that a lot of the bigger companies would take on multiple patients a day so as to maximize profit (and the technicians end up doing the majority of the work).

On top of that, he and his staff were very personable, knowledgeable, and hospitable - which is very important when making such a big decision that is undoubtedly stressful to begin with.

Not sure if you're still active on here or not, but if so, I'd love to hear what you decided to do.

Patrick

Gahhhh!!!! JMorgan, come back and tell us what happened!! I'm in LA too and looking for a good, affordable doc. Been to Ziering and Bosley so far. Is Bosley that bad? They aren't recommended by IAHRS? Or is a doctor on staff there that gets rec?

PKipling - I will consult with Mohebi.

Check our Dr. Marc Dauer. Everything I've seen so far tells me he should be considered.

Inactive

Hey man. I would definitely steer clear of Bosley. I think it would be way too much of a gamble as there are way too many negative experiences that have come from there - not to mention there are too many other great options in LA. It's kinda like choosing to go to SuperCuts instead of a high end salon... Except that we're talking about surgery, so it's not really like that at all I suppose.

Not sure if anyone still reads this thread but don't go to Dr. Rawnsley in Los Angeles, my results were absolutely awful, as was my experience on the day.

Hey James, Sorry to hear that. I just had my 4 HT with Dr. Paul McAndrews in Pasadena. I cannot speak highly enough about the entire process and professionalism demonstrated by him and his entire staff. Feel free to message me if you have any questions.