Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • new bubble
    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Person
    I dont think that bimatoprost has much to do with Allergan's recently lower stock price. Where did you see that there would be a big announcement in October? Is that just a general announcement or specifically about bimatoprost/results?
    one of the callers mentioned it on spencer last radio show

Comment

• Thinning@30
      • Mar 2010

Originally Posted by Person
      I dont think that bimatoprost has much to do with Allergan's recently lower stock price. Where did you see that there would be a big announcement in October? Is that just a general announcement or specifically about bimatoprost/results?
      one of the callers mentioned it on spencer last radio show

There seems to be a lot of hearsay regarding a possible announcement by Allergan next month. Was the caller a representative of Allergan or somehow in the know?

Comment

• Person
        • Jun 2012

Allergan Bimatoprost phase II trials ended in July. Results calculated and study concluded this month. I saw somewhere they will discuss the results in October. Has anyone else heard that?

Comment

• rdawg
          • Jun 2012

Allergan Bimatoprost phase II trials ended in July. Results calculated and study concluded this month. I saw somewhere they will discuss the results in October. Has anyone else heard that?
          yes they said they have positive results to release in October I believe.

probably got approved for phase III. I don't expect results much better than say minoxidil level stuff.

Comment

• Person
            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by rdawg
            yes they said they have positive results to release in October I believe.

probably got approved for phase III. I don't expect results much better than say minoxidil level stuff.
            when/where did you hear that?

I am almost certain that Bimatoprost will be significantly more effective than minoxidil. Maybe 2 or 3 times more effective.

- In one study, bimatoprost .03% used over 6 months produced the same results as minox 5% in the majority of the subjects. The bimatoprost they are testing now is a much larger concentration, and has specific components that will allow it to penetrate thick scalp skin and go directly to the follicle unlike the .03%.

- Minoxidil affects certain prostaglandins as a side effect. Bim directly affects them.

Comment

• new bubble
              • Aug 2012

I am almost certain that Bimatoprost will be significantly more effective than minoxidil. Maybe 2 or 3 times more effective.

- In one study, bimatoprost .03% used over 6 months produced the same results as minox 5% in the majority of the subjects. The bimatoprost they are testing now is a much larger concentration, and has specific components that will allow it to penetrate thick scalp skin and go directly to the follicle unlike the .03%.

- Minoxidil affects certain prostaglandins as a side effect. Bim directly affects them.
              I heard they will confirm positive results in october, listen to episode 46 and if i recall joe from staten island heard it on a allergan conferance call where the top man said something to that affect, thats the only information am going on so everyone need to check for themselves for accuracy

Comment

• Dazza
                • Jun 2012

Can you give the link to the study please. Thanks

Comment

• jls008
                  • Feb 2010

latisse

Hello. I have 3 boxes sealed that I am happy to sell at my cost if anyone is interested. Please send me a private message if you are interested. Thanks!

Comment

• MoreCoffee
                    • Jul 2009

JLS I am guessing the bimat did nothing for you?

Comment

• Dazza
                      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by TimAllen45
                      JLS I am guessing the bimat did nothing for you?
                      It's a scam

Comment

• MrBlonde
                        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Dazza
                        Can you give the link to the study please. Thanks

I'd also like to see the evidence that 0.3% bim was as effective as 5% minox

Link please

Comment

• Person
                          • Jun 2012

i cant find the original link. It was from one of Allergan's press releases/ quarterly updates. They were discussing the pre clinical studies and said that using .03 bimatoprost (latisse) on the scalp produced results identical/similar to minoxidil.

The versions they are testing now are much stonger. They also contain chemical properties that will allow the solution to penetrate thick scalp skin and get directly to the follicle. Also, their phase I studies showed it had much lower system absorbtion that minoxidil...AKA less side effects. The solution actually mimics a prostaglandin and is directly acting on the follicle where as minox can sometimes stimulate prostaglandins indirectly as a side effect (hence everyones variable results).

I dont think this will be a cure. But i do believe/hope that it will be a much superior product that will put rat piss (rogaine foam) out of business.

Comment

• rdawg
                            • Jun 2012

i cant find the original link. It was from one of Allergan's press releases/ quarterly updates. They were discussing the pre clinical studies and said that using .03 bimatoprost (latisse) on the scalp produced results identical/similar to minoxidil.

The versions they are testing now are much stonger. They also contain chemical properties that will allow the solution to penetrate thick scalp skin and get directly to the follicle. Also, their phase I studies showed it had much lower system absorbtion that minoxidil...AKA less side effects. The solution actually mimics a prostaglandin and is directly acting on the follicle where as minox can sometimes stimulate prostaglandins indirectly as a side effect (hence everyones variable results).

I dont think this will be a cure. But i do believe/hope that it will be a much superior product that will put rat piss (rogaine foam) out of business.
                            I highly doubt it will be anything more than 15-20% growth but even that is fantastic if it happens commonly between people.

Minoxidil rarely if ever causes growth, maybe slight or temporary growth but I find it to be more of a hairloss slower.

If Bitmaprost at least helps with minor hairloss, that is definitely a huge upgrade.

And luckily it will be out sometime in 2013-early 2014. Price is an issue though.

Comment

• Pate
                              • Sep 2011

This may be the trial that Alan Bauman did:

http://www.baumanmedical.com -- The prostaglandin-analog Bimatoprost, the active ingredient in Allergan's Latisse, has been FDA-approved to increase eyelash ...

That vid doesn't discuss results, but I seem to remember Spencer had him on TBT one day and he mentioned that the results were similar to minoxidil.

Comment

• Conpecia
                                • Sep 2011

Wasn't Tracy C trying this out? I wonder what dosage she took.

It seems like this treatment is the frontrunner in terms of a cutting edge product with a release date within the next couple years, as it appears to be an enhanced formulation of something that already exists. Hopefully it will work better than Minox, and even if it's merely on par with Minox I am excited about the prospect of not dealing with Minox-like side effects.

This month is going to crawl by. Surely one of these companies will have good news...

Comment

Working...