+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    who says Histogen can't? All those prostaglandin analogs and inhibitors can definitely reverse your hair loss no matter what(unless transplants!) but the problem is with actually making such treatment...
    What do you mean unless transplants? Do you have a link to something official that says Histogen wont work for people that have had transplants?

Or do you just mean it won't grow hair back in areas where there has been a transplant (which makes sense).

who says Histogen can't? All those prostaglandin analogs and inhibitors can definitely reverse your hair loss no matter what(unless transplants!) but...
    A very important thing to note here is that the actual amount of scalp area that might not respond due to previous transplants is so small it is insignificant. It is so small it just isn't worth worrying about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    A very important thing to note here is that the actual amount of scalp area that might not respond due to previous transplants is so small it is insignificant. It is so small it just isn't worth worrying about.
    Thanks Tracy. Hey what clinic do you recommend for FUE. I'm thinking about Dr Cole for CIT (whatever the hell CIT means ).

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    uhm no??? I'm not talking about regrowing your donor, I'm talking about the area where they inserted those new follicles.... I'm pretty sure there's gotta be some permanent damage guaranteed.

Getting a transplant without at least waiting until the end of this year would be the dumbest thing ever.

uhm no??? I'm not talking about regrowing your donor, I'm talking about the area where they inserted those new follicles.... I'm pretty sure there's gotta be some permanent damage guaranteed.

Getting a transplant without at least waiting until the end of this year would be the dumbest thing ever.
    "pretty sure" followed by "guaranteed"

dude you have no ****ing idea...

uhm no??? I'm not talking about regrowing your donor, I'm talking about the area where they inserted those new follicles....
    I was well aware of what you are talking about. The amount of scalp area that might be damaged is so minimal it would not matter. It is not enough to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Hey what clinic do you recommend for FUE.
    I've never had FUE so I would not be able to recommend anyone.

Histogen have said that transplants do not effect their HSC.

We DO NOT know how to wake up these sleeping follicles. ALL WE KNOW is that they still have stem cells. This is nice, but it might not be the full story. Perhaps there is a bio mechanism that will stop us waking those follicles? I say this, because NOONE has yet to wake them up. We can hope that allergen and histogen will do this, but stating facts about it is wrong. Especially when 'advising' people on their plans to deal with their hairloss.

Perhaps PGd2 is surrounding our follicles and keeping them asleep. So perhaps a combination of HSC + Bitmopost might cure us, but this is merely a hope. Stay positive, but do not mis-inform or speculate.

Quote Originally Posted by neversaynever View Post
    Histogen have said that transplants do not effect their HSC.

We DO NOT know how to wake up these sleeping follicles. ALL WE KNOW is that they still have stem cells. This is nice, but it might not be the full story. Perhaps there is a bio mechanism that will stop us waking those follicles? I say this, because NOONE has yet to wake them up. We can hope that allergen and histogen will do this, but stating facts about it is wrong. Especially when 'advising' people on their plans to deal with their hairloss.

Perhaps PGd2 is surrounding our follicles and keeping them asleep. So perhaps a combination of HSC + Bitmopost might cure us, but this is merely a hope. Stay positive, but do not mis-inform or speculate.
    So you're saying Bitmopost uses PGD2 inhibitors? Wtf I thought that OC000531 drug was the only one fighting against PGD2...........

Quote Originally Posted by Gjm127 View Post
    So you're saying Bitmopost uses PGD2 inhibitors? Wtf I thought that OC000531 drug was the only one fighting against PGD2...........
    I dont think its an inhibitor. I think its an artificial PGF2-alpha, which encourages hair growth.

Cotsarelis has hinted that it might all come down to a balancing act between prostaglandins.

The prostaglandins approach is very encouraging. Increasing 'good' ones and inhibiting 'bad' ones might be the future. I wont pretend I know enough about it though