+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

still haven't seen one photo of this working, haven't heard one success story around the web, haven't read any studies showing the efficacy...

not saying i don't believe it will work; i'd just like to see SOME sort of evidence.

guess we'll know where everything stands in the next two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    I'd say end of 2014 more likely, phase III begins in February, ends February 2014, a few months for production and you're talking probably august-october 2014 release.

What about the average FDA approval time of 9 months after Phase3 ends... then comes the production and it goes on the shelf. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Person View Post
    What about the average FDA approval time of 9 months after Phase3 ends... then comes the production and it goes on the shelf. Right?

someone would have to clarify if that's true for every product, but that still means December 2014 or very early 2015.

Some time in 2015 sounds more realistic to me

I thought Allergan would be presenting some sort of update of the phase II trials involving bimatoprost for scalp hair loss this month at the ISHRS conference. What happened?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/9637...baldness.html#

oh boy another cure!! we have had what 4 this year?
    interesting read none the less

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza View Post
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/9637...baldness.html#

oh boy another cure!! we have had what 4 this year?
    interesting read none the less
    Great news, I have high hopes for this. With all the advancements recently, these companies can't afford to wait. Good for us.

Somehow I doubt Bimatoprost alone will be enought to grow AND maintain the hair without the help of finasteride.

But if yes, then brilliant!

I think it will probably be quite successful for female baldness. But MPB will probably be too aggressive.

But still, a good result in the lab studies. The reason you don't hear much about bim is because it's being developed by a reasonably big company. They don't need investors or to talk up their share price to raise capital like Replicel, Histogen or Cosmo. Corporate secrecy is much more important so they don't shout it from the rooftops. They will present when they need to in order to update their shareholders but not much more..

Quote Originally Posted by TravisB View Post
    Somehow I doubt Bimatoprost alone will be enought to grow AND maintain the hair without the help of finasteride.

But if yes, then brilliant!
    There's still a few positive things involbed with bimatoprost though:

1. It's 100% going to be the next available product on the market, most likely launching in late 2014/earl 2015. (all other products will probably be a year or two after that, with Histogen being the frontrunner.)

2. It's going to be the 3rd FDA approved hairloss product(well all signs are pointing to this), the first in 15 years. Finally an alternative to Minoxidil.

3. Who knows what this mixed with Fin and/or Minoxidil can do? Not to mention maybe this will work better than minoxidil for some people!

I feel like there is a light at the end of the tunnel, it's a slow wait for sure, but we're within reach, I'd say within 5 years alot of us will have at least some of our hair back.