+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 19 and thinning

Anyone!?? And is there any success stories with people only taking .5 mg?

Quote Originally Posted by Benzzro View Post
    Only problem is my retarded GP thinks fin is only used for people that are ACTUALLY bald and isn't good for existing hair and won't prescribe me fin...
    Find another doctor.

And I'm thinking of starting at 0.25 mg first and increasing the dosage every few months till I finally hit 1mg, is this a good plan?
    I believe this is a very good idea. When I started taking Spiro I started low and slowly worked up to the dose I needed to be on. I think this is also a good idea when you start using Minoxidil.

I've been thinking of getting healthy and dieting and running everyday will this increase the chances of Fin working?
    This is a good idea no matter what you choose to do about your hair.

If I shed how much more visible will my scalp look, like WAY worse?
    You may look worse temporarily, but the hair that sheds out usually grows back - and when it grows back it will be thicker than it was before. Over time this thickening will continue so long as you continue to use the medicine.

And if my hair continues to recede on Fin should I jump of minox?
    Minoxidil is most effective in the vertex and mid-anterior areas. Once you have been on Finasteride for a full year, you will know if you have arrested your hair loss. If at that point you wan't to try to grow some hair back in those areas, then taper onto Minoxidil.

Only problem is my retarded GP thinks fin is only used for people that are ACTUALLY bald and isn't good for existing hair and won
    t prescribe me fin
    I would call it out to his face, in his office that he has no idea what he's talking about. He won't like that of course, but your plan is to leave him anyway so who cares.

I've been thinking of getting healthy and dieting and running everyday will this increase the chances of Fin working?
    No. But it will help your general health and in turn the health of your hair.

The rise in testosterone might work against you though, if you go down that male path.

Dang people have been saying go on minoxidil if your temple has started to thin which mine have quite a bit, do you guys think I should do it? And I'm planning to use the generic liquid every night? Good idea or hold off for 1 year while on fin and does anyone know if they sell the liquid in Australian supermarkets

And what's a good cencealer I heard hollywood magic is good or w/e it's called, sorry for all the newbiew questions

Dang people have been saying go on minoxidil if your temple has started to thin which mine have quite a bit, do you guys think I should do it?
    For males, Minoxidil is most effective in the vertex and mid-anterior areas. Some males might be able to restore some of their temple hair with medications but most males cannot. Whether you choose to use it in the area is your choice alone. If your temples are completely void of hair, it most likely will not do you any good.

And I'm planning to use the generic liquid every night? Good idea or hold off for 1 year while on fin and does anyone know if they sell the liquid in Australian supermarkets
    I use the foam in the mornings and the generic liquid at night. Both are available in supermarkets in the states. I do not know if they are available in supermarkets in Australia.

And what's a good cencealer I heard hollywood magic is good or w/e it's called, sorry for all the newbiew questions
    Dermmatch is the best hair loss concealer in my opinion. Dermmatch is available direct on Dermmatch's web-site and it is also available through many dermatology clinics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    For males, Minoxidil is most effective in the vertex and mid-anterior areas. Some males might be able to restore some of their temple hair with medications but most males cannot. Whether you choose to use it in the area is your choice alone. If your temples are completely void of hair, it most likely will not do you any good.

I use the foam in the mornings and the generic liquid at night. Both are available in supermarkets in the states. I do not know if they are available in supermarkets in Australia.

Dermmatch is the best hair loss concealer in my opinion. Dermmatch is available direct on Dermmatch's web-site and it is also available through many dermatology clinics.
    OK thanks heaps for the help Tracy, I plan to just use the liquid since it's cheap and maybe only do it every other day for a few months to avoid a huge shed, I've only lost a bit of hair on my left temple but pretty much my whole temple including the sides are thinning quite badly, and can clearly see my scalp when I spike up my hair which sucks, how would you apply minox? And after I apply it can I use oils and stuff afterwards?

Benzzro i too had the same problems with temple thinning (right only) it was sort of behind the hairline itself that became generally thinner and seemed to look like it shaved a diagonal line through the temple,my hair in general seemed to becoming finer by the day i started wearing my hair in all sorts of styles to try and mask it as best i could and i put it off for roughly a year before acting upon it, i've just recently started 1.5mg fin through the belgravia centre which isn't cheap at £174 for a 3 month prescription but it has certainly worked/is working for me! My hair seems to feel slightly thicker its not like it was when i was 16/17 (im 26 btw) but its definetly in better condition and the thinning temple is starting to fill in albeit slowly.Yeah i had the initial shed and hair became whispy and dull looking but im into my 5th month and things are working! My routine is propecia 1.5mg,biotin 100mg,multi vitamin daily and just last week i intoduced nizoral which has made a real impact with the strength of my hair overall,when washing i used to have a few strands inbetween fingers but within 3 days of using nizoral.........none! Its as of the hair has been put on a course of steroids for hair!! All joking aside give my routine a try for 6 month and see where your at.As long as you don't expect miracles i would reckon within 6 month you will be happy with the results..