+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sorry Mods posted my question in wrong thread.

It isn't really clear to me why you haven't scheduled an appointment with a urologist or endocrinologist at this point. While you can experiment with supplements like Maca and OTC drugs like claritin, it makes the most sense to at least first schedule an appointment with a professional. Granted, you should prepare yourself for some frustration as few doctors are familiar with the side effects of Propecia and as a consequence they may even deny its existence, but it does make sense to consult them before venturing on your own experimentation.

Good luck

havent been online for some time, good to know that the claritin gave you some normality time, but sucks that it didnt help long term. I'd say get your hormones checked and keep taking it to feel better until you discuss the hormones with a doc Good luck ma man!

chrisis bratha where you at

I'm around! Still got the sides. I can function, so to speak, but things aren't as they were and getting pessimistic they ever will be.

Whoever advocates Propecia without giving adequate warning should really think about what they could be doing to people.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    I'm around! Still got the sides. I can function, so to speak, but things aren't as they were and getting pessimistic they ever will be.

Whoever advocates Propecia without giving adequate warning should really think about what they could be doing to people.
    why would loratidine help? its just an antihistamine

Quote Originally Posted by randomman111 View Post
    why would loratidine help? its just an antihistamine
    I don't know, but worth a try.

chrisis, heres something which could be intresting for you.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22522969

Improving BPH symptoms and sexual dysfunctions with a saw palmetto preparation? Results from a pilot trial.

In elderly men, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) is a major risk factor for sexual dysfunctions (SDys). Additionally, the standard treatments for BPH symptoms, alpha blockers and 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors, cause SDys themselves. Preparations from saw palmetto berries are an efficacious and well-tolerated symptomatic treatment for mild to moderate BPH and have traditionally been used to treat SDys. We conducted an open multicentric clinical pilot trial to investigate whether the saw palmetto berry preparation Prostasan® influenced BPH symptoms and SDys. Eighty-two patients participated in the 8-week trial, taking one capsule of 320 mg saw palmetto extract daily. At the end of the treatment, the International Prostate Symptom Score was reduced from 14.4 ± 4.7 to 6.9 ± 5.2 (p < 0.0001); SDys measured with the brief Sexual Function Inventory improved from 22.4 ± 7.2 to 31.4 ± 9.2 (p < 0.0001), and the Urolife BPH QoL-9 total improved from 162.7 ± 47.9 to 105.0 ± 56.3 (p < 0.0001). Investigators' and patients' assessments confirmed the good efficacy, and treatment was very well tolerated and accepted by the patients. Correlation analyses confirmed the relationship between improved BPH symptoms and reduced SDys. This was the first trial with saw palmetto to show improvement in BPH symptoms and SDys as well. Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd

Thanks gutted, but this confuses me. If Saw Palmetto is a natural way to inhibit DHT, instead of using the drug finasteride/ Propecia, why would one cure sexual dysfunction in some men, and the latter cause it?

I just don't get it. There have been fears on this board that SP can cause sexual problems too. Any ideas?

Senior Member BaldinLikeBaldwin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Thanks gutted, but this confuses me. If Saw Palmetto is a natural way to inhibit DHT, instead of using the drug finasteride/ Propecia, why would one cure sexual dysfunction in some men, and the latter cause it?

I just don't get it. There have been fears on this board that SP can cause sexual problems too. Any ideas?
    The men in the study had sexual dysfunctions because of their BPH. The study suggests Saw Palmetto is efficient in treating BPH and thereby reducing the accompanying dysfunctions.