+ Reply to Thread
    Inactive

Post ISHRS Kicks Off 20th Anniversary at 20th Annual Scientific Meeting

Hair restoration experts from around the world will commemorate the past, present and future of hair restoration surgery at the 20th Annual Scientific Meeting of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS), the world’s leading medical authority on hair loss and hair restoration. The meeting – which will mark the 20th Anniversary of the ISHRS – will take place October 17-20, 2012, at Atlantis, Paradise Island, the Bahamas.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/5/prweb9564714.htm

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    Hair restoration experts from around the world will commemorate the past, present and future of hair restoration surgery at the 20th Annual Scientific Meeting of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS), the world’s leading medical authority on hair loss and hair restoration. The meeting – which will mark the 20th Anniversary of the ISHRS – will take place October 17-20, 2012, at Atlantis, Paradise Island, the Bahamas.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/5/prweb9564714.htm
    And nothing interesting will be heard...

The thing is that I don't think that most people would want a free hair transplant from a lot of these doctors. I remember Spencer talking about how ridiculously easy it is for a doctor to gain inclusion into the ISHRS; all that they have to do is apply and pay some nominal fee, I think. They don't need to demonstrate any type of consistent or acceptable HT results. As I scan the list of ISHRS doctors on their website, I can see that there are a few (that I know of) very unethical HT surgeons on there. Not too long ago, there was a person on this website saying how he got butchered by Dr. Richard Ochs from CA. Sure enough, that doctor is a member of the ISHRS. So is Norman Orentreich. I'll never forget Spencer's story regarding Dr. Orentreich: how Dr. Orentreich told Spencer to just simply "try out" a hair transplant to see if he likes it or not. Unfortunately the hair loss industry is just extremely plagued with so many unethical people/organizations and I'm not even talking about the bullshit herbal remedies on internet. But instead you have a supposedly pre-eminant hair loss organization just plagued by unethical doctors. Lastly, I love how they say that they will commemorate the "past, present, and future of hair transplantation". Well, what about the "past" in up until the late 90's when people were getting butchered left and right (and they still are for that matter).

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    The thing is that I don't think that most people would want a free hair transplant from a lot of these doctors. I remember Spencer talking about how ridiculously easy it is for a doctor to gain inclusion into the ISHRS; all that they have to do is apply and pay some nominal fee, I think. They don't need to demonstrate any type of consistent or acceptable HT results. As I scan the list of ISHRS doctors on their website, I can see that there are a few (that I know of) very unethical HT surgeons on there. Not too long ago, there was a person on this website saying how he got butchered by Dr. Richard Ochs from CA. Sure enough, that doctor is a member of the ISHRS. So is Norman Orentreich. I'll never forget Spencer's story regarding Dr. Orentreich: how Dr. Orentreich told Spencer to just simply "try out" a hair transplant to see if he likes it or not. Unfortunately the hair loss industry is just extremely plagued with so many unethical people/organizations and I'm not even talking about the bullshit herbal remedies on internet. But instead you have a supposedly pre-eminant hair loss organization just plagued by unethical doctors. Lastly, I love how they say that they will commemorate the "past, present, and future of hair transplantation". Well, what about the "past" in up until the late 90's when people were getting butchered left and right (and they still are for that matter).
    I agree, ISHRS seems to let just anybody in, including total hacks and butchers.