+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default The reality of FUE Hair Transplant - Post Op Visit

Life after a hair transplant comes with its high and low points. I just came through a low point and slowly picking myself back up. Just over a week ago I was worried that I was going to be found out, I could see little ingrowns on my scalp and I was a little taken back considering I thought I was in the clear, that I had been through the hard bit. I took action and booked an appointment with Dr Woods. My appointment was on Friday, but by than my hair “ingrown” issue was slowly disappearing.

I get to the Dr’s office just a little after 2pm, traffic can be a bitch when your lost and have no gps. The memory of the day of the procedure kicks in as I ring the door bell. Hard to believe it has already been 7 weeks.
    The doc give me a smile and a hello and does not waste any time and moves my hair around to see how it is going. He says that it looks like I have lost a lot of the transplanted hair, but we decide to go the video to see the movement. However, before that we need to take video of where I am now. I sit down and we record the progress. The dr and I share a few laughs, and talk about life while his doing his thing. Afterwards we go to his office and review the footage.

We both agree that there are signs of improvement but there is still a long way to go.

I ask him about the ingrowns. He states it’s normal and closely looks at my head and says there is nothing wrong with your scalp skin now. I breath a sign of relief. How did the ingrowns occur? The Dr explains that because when I was playing soccer I began to sweat and because the hair had not broken the surface of the scalp the sweat can not be released, causing a mark on the scalp, in the shape of an ingrown.

We watch the video and he tells me what I can already see, small steps in the right direction. His excited to see what will happen and we arrange a booking in 2 months to see further results. He says after the next visit lets decide if you want the extra 500 grafts. In my head I am thinking what a silly question… Of course I want it!
    As always I will let the pictures speak for itself. Enjoy
    If anyone has any question don’t hestiate to shot me off an email.

PAST

PRESENT

How many grafts did you have ?
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Spex I was meant to get 1000 grafts but because I missed my appointment (mixup in time) I only got 500 this time, I have another procedure in sept to get the other 500

I'm sorry, but I really don't think 500 grafts is going to do much aesthetically for the area that you have loss in. It may fill in a little bit and it will look a tad fuller but I really don't see how you will be happy in the end. I can't see any reputable doctor doing only 500 grafts. I realize you were supposed to get 1000 but even 1000 wouldn't do a lot. I'm thinking you probably needed somewhere in the neighborhood of 2500. Who was your doctor?

I agree, 500 over that area will do very little indeed so keep your expectations in check.

Best
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

500 grafts? I've been quoted up to 2000 and 2800 by two established hair transplant doctors, and look at my hair in previous posts. I think you should be thinking in the region of multiple 1000s, not 100s.

More like 2,000 - 3,000 grafts in the frontal zone.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Guys,

firstly
    expectation: give my face shape but be conservative in the approach as I am still young and my hair has not stop falling out
    Dr: Dr Woods

NOTE: Not selling stating my opinion

What Dr Woods does with as many grafts is out of this world incredible. Check out his site! The videos speak for itself. The guy has been in the game for 20+ years and in those years he has taken all the follicle outs and put them in himself. His strike rate is high with keeping the follicle alive just because he has done it so many times. The rule of 10000 hours

When I pay to get a HT I pay for the doctor not the techy to implant them in who is probably as old as the years of experience dr Woods has. To me the whole procedure from extract to implanting needs to be done by the person who the most experience.

When i was first quote a 1000 i wanted more but he assured me to take it slow and see what results we can get out of 1000.

As always the results will speak the loudest. I guess we will have to wait for those.

No offence , but there doesn't appear to be much difference between the 'past " and " present" pictures and for the amount of hairloss you have , I didn't think 500 grafts would make much of a difference .

As Spex said keep your expectations to a realistic goal

500 grafts for Dr. Woods = 1500 for anyone else. A 1000 graft procedure should be equivalent to at least 3000 grafts, perhaps upwards of 3500.