+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by wylie View Post
    500 grafts for Dr. Woods = 1500 for anyone else. A 1000 graft procedure should be equivalent to at least 3000 grafts, perhaps upwards of 3500.
    This makes no sense. Are you refering to graft loss or appearance? I am quite aware of Dr Woods work and his great reputation but this statement sounds like for every FU he places, 2 more pop up. A reputable (key word Reputable) FUE Dr would be getting the same results. Please explain what you are refering to.

KD, your doing fine. As long as you are happy and comfortable with Dr Woods, your halfway home. Nice thing about not being in a rush is growing a full head of hair all at once. I doubt you'll have anything to explain to friends or family you haven't seen in 6 months! If you have great donor and time on your side, your in the drivers seat. Be patient and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by northeastguy View Post
    This makes no sense. Are you refering to graft loss or appearance?
    What are you talking about?

I am quite aware of Dr Woods work and his great reputation but this statement sounds like for every FU he places, 2 more pop up.
    Please...

A reputable (key word Reputable) FUE Dr would be getting the same results. Please explain what you are refering to.
    If you saw Woods body of work over time, and you saw his results based on his graft count, my comments would make perfect sense. I'm not here to illustrate Dr. Woods body of work, if you still have questions, check out his website

1. Are you serious? Expain how 500 grafts from Woods = 1500 from someone else. So your saying KD's photo looks like he had 1500 grafts placed? not likely.

2. Yup, I'm still well aware of the Wood's technique....And still no explanation of the magic 3 to 1 you suggest Woods has over the entire HT community. He may use smaller instuments..mostly hypodermic needles for placement of the grafts but that isn't going to correlate to the illusion of 3X more hair.

3. Your comments still make absolutely no sense. Your simply stating an opinion. Any good Dr will create the illusion of more hair than is actually there... That's the entire concept of a well done hair transplant.... and one skill that separates the best from the Average. Dr Woods is by no means the only one able to do it. Please...

I agree with northeastguy.

I have been quoted 2500 and 2800 grafts for a hair transplant by two of the most respected doctors, as far as the hair loss industry is concerned. Bear in mind my hair loss is confined to my hair line.

If another doctor could produce the goal I have in mind with far few grafts then that's something I'd certainly want to know about, but it sounds like a vacuous statement. By all means, praise a doctor if he's producing good work, but let's keep it realistic, or you will confuse people and potentially mislead them.

while a good hair doc can do more with less, expecting 3k coverage with 1k grafts is illogical. I've had 3 HT's, almost 5k grafts, and probably less, at worst equal, hairloss as you.

Be ready to throw +/- 30k at it, or prepare to be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    I agree with northeastguy.

I have been quoted 2500 and 2800 grafts for a hair transplant by two of the most respected doctors, as far as the hair loss industry is concerned. Bear in mind my hair loss is confined to my hair line.

If another doctor could produce the goal I have in mind with far few grafts then that's something I'd certainly want to know about, but it sounds like a vacuous statement. By all means, praise a doctor if he's producing good work, but let's keep it realistic, or you will confuse people and potentially mislead them.
    Thats a smart comment, and I agree with you. How exactly Dr. Woods gets better coverage with fewer grafts is something that is best addressed by Dr. Woods and his own unique methodology, in the end it does not necessarily mean you save any money, as he is the most expensive in the industry, and what percentage of his patients as those he features get the same type of results for his quoted number of grafts is also another question.

Dr. Woods is different than any other doctor in this industry. He is probably the most ethical in the entire industry, a maverick as well as the inventor of many procedures widely practiced today. His estimates for how many grafts are necessary are different than those of any doctor in the industry, an industry of which Dr. Woods remains largely critical of.

chrisis a tip that Dr Woods told me to gauge how many grafts you may need.
    1. Get a mirror and a fine black pen/texture what ever can mark your skin
    2. Draw dots on your head leaving a small gap for space between grafts.
    3. Count the number

Hope that helps...

I agree with most comments here that it is highly unlikely the dr gets a 3-1 graft ratio. Its just impossible. But no doubt he makes ever graft count a lot more than other dr's I have seen. My opinion!

Dr wood is not cheap!, but you pay for what you get. My opinion again.

ITNEVERRAINS I never stated that I would get 3000k coverage. Dr Woods has always set the expectation that if I do this I will see him again, becasue my hair lose has not plateaued he needs to be conservative.

mlao Thanks for the credit... I try and be as honest and transparent as possible. In my opinion Dr Woods is a great guy, whos work speaks for itself that i dont need to boost about it.

wylie love your conviction!

Overall this has been a great post with a lot of comments. Can not wait to share my results!

Does Dr Woods have a website? I'm struggling to find anything about him that doesn't come from a website that looks like something from the AOL era.

I wish you well with your results.

I know you can not post links on this site but because you asked

http://www. woodstechnique.com .au/ videos. html

This is the non aol site.

chriss if you want to chat about the procedure in general since I am from sydney shot me off an email (go to profile) and I can give you my mobile.