+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by wylie View Post
    500 grafts for Dr. Woods = 1500 for anyone else. A 1000 graft procedure should be equivalent to at least 3000 grafts, perhaps upwards of 3500.
    This sounds ridiculous.

KD you did the right thing. You have a much better chance of your existing hair surviving by going with a smaller procedure while protecting your donor reserve. I would suggest just getting busy and getting on with life not spending too much time looking for the new hairs.

There are only a few top doctors that can provide FUE to almost any patient. The rest just tell them they are not a candidate and strip them out with a nice big ear to ear scar because its easier and faster which means mo money.

What these doctors should be doing is telling the patient I do not have the skill set to offer you FUE please let me recommend someone that does.

The fact is you can have 2000-3000 grafts anytime you want but you do it on your timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by wylie View Post
    500 grafts for Dr. Woods = 1500 for anyone else. A 1000 graft procedure should be equivalent to at least 3000 grafts, perhaps upwards of 3500.
    This makes no sense. Are you refering to graft loss or appearance? I am quite aware of Dr Woods work and his great reputation but this statement sounds like for every FU he places, 2 more pop up. A reputable (key word Reputable) FUE Dr would be getting the same results. Please explain what you are refering to.

KD, your doing fine. As long as you are happy and comfortable with Dr Woods, your halfway home. Nice thing about not being in a rush is growing a full head of hair all at once. I doubt you'll have anything to explain to friends or family you haven't seen in 6 months! If you have great donor and time on your side, your in the drivers seat. Be patient and good luck.

while a good hair doc can do more with less, expecting 3k coverage with 1k grafts is illogical. I've had 3 HT's, almost 5k grafts, and probably less, at worst equal, hairloss as you.

Be ready to throw +/- 30k at it, or prepare to be disappointed.