+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by LPSboxing View Post
    Hi,

I do the same 'trick' as you.

My loss is mostly at the crown, but I have less density all over the top, and it is very evident every time i buzz everything down.

Every time I go to my barber and get a number 2 guard on top, it's a shock and I get depressed because I look like shit.
    Then, everytime, I decide to let it grow because I don't want to look this shitty. After a month and a half I go to my barber to get a very short buzz at sides and back, keeping the top long.
    This basically gives me a haircut similar to the one you have in the picture above, and everytime I feel great. I look good and I promise myself I'd never buzz it down on top.
    Then, after two or three weeks, I still look good from the front and side, but when the hair of my thin crown get long, I look like shit from behind.
    Everytime, I look at my crown with a double mirror and start panicking. I start thinking I can't go around like this and I go to my barber as soon as possible, asking to buzz it down everything a telling myself that I just have to accept it and embrace my baldness.

Unfortunately, this is the cycle I repeated countless times since this shit hairloss started, 2 or 3 years ago.

Now I'm seriously thinking about getting an HT ....f*ck this shit
    I could have written the exact same post myself! The only difference is that I did go forward with an HT (2 months post op). I did an FUE and I'm already very encouraged. I think the other thing getting an HT does for you is it gets you completely out of the hair loss "denial" stage. It makes you feel like you're taking control and I feel like I've accepted it a little bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Here's a pic I posted on Facebook that received the positive comments, by people who have no idea I'm suffering from hair loss:
    How do you know this?

I've often wondered about my own hair and getting it buzzed and the thought keeps coming back - if people don't know now, its going to be really obvious when I buzz.

But its super obvious to me, so how can people not realize? If they only ever see a right side profile, its not so obvious, but left side its beyond obvious. The left temple is thinning/receding more then the right and its annoying :|

I think most good people wouldn't say anything, they may realize it but, and this is a shocker, they really don't care so theres no reason to say anything.

People did notice when I went through my shed, and passed comment, e.g. "aw your hair's receding!", to which it was tempting to reply "aw you're quite fat!".

Post finasteride shed people have actually made comment on my hair looking good. I'm sure I scrutinise my hair a lot more than them, so I think they probably don't see what I'm hiding

Quote Originally Posted by LPSboxing View Post
    Hi,

I do the same 'trick' as you.

My loss is mostly at the crown, but I have less density all over the top, and it is very evident every time i buzz everything down.

Every time I go to my barber and get a number 2 guard on top, it's a shock and I get depressed because I look like shit.
    Then, everytime, I decide to let it grow because I don't want to look this shitty. After a month and a half I go to my barber to get a very short buzz at sides and back, keeping the top long.
    This basically gives me a haircut similar to the one you have in the picture above, and everytime I feel great. I look good and I promise myself I'd never buzz it down on top.
    Then, after two or three weeks, I still look good from the front and side, but when the hair of my thin crown get long, I look like shit from behind.
    Everytime, I look at my crown with a double mirror and start panicking. I start thinking I can't go around like this and I go to my barber as soon as possible, asking to buzz it down everything a telling myself that I just have to accept it and embrace my baldness.

Unfortunately, this is the cycle I repeated countless times since this shit hairloss started, 2 or 3 years ago.

Now I'm seriously thinking about getting an HT ....f*ck this shit
    Have same exact issue if I let it get too long. Also, for me anyway, that is when people can tell. Had a girl at work beat around the bush about it and that's when I realized I needed to stay on top of it better. That was about 2 years ago and since then I make sure I keep it trimmed myself. If you do it yourself, you can make sure it never gets too long and obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Hi Spex,

That pic was probably near the peak of my post-minoxidil shed. It has recovered slightly and I have been using the toppik with some improvement (although not in the pic I posted).

I didn't really want a critical review of my hair loss from that specific pic; I'm not in denial or anything don't worry! It was mostly a rant/blog type thing, as a lot of people already know my situation.

Thanks to everyone else for the positive comments and general feedback.

Spex any chance you can ask Dr Feller to forward on the pics he took to my email? (not here please lol)
    It's ironic.

Looks like hairloss treatments actually made your situation worse.

Do you regret starting them?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    It's ironic.

Looks like hairloss treatments actually made your situation worse.

Do you regret starting them?
    Finasteride yes. Minoxidil no. If minoxidil can help maintain my hairline a bit, then it was worth going through the shed for a few months. That said, I could never have known finasteride would cause side effects without trying. I do have question marks over whether the studies are accurate though.