+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hairysituation View Post
    That was a really bad picture, and the hair was short.

5 days ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoDV...ayer_embedded#!
    I think he is using Toppix

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    I think he is using Toppix
    Maybe, but it dosen't matter. He got 1500 grafts placed in the front, and about the same amout in the back. This results are what 1500 grafts placed in the front looks like. And I think it's a fantastic result compared to the before picture, and given that only 1500 grafts were placed. However, This dosen't really proves anything, because it is the donor regeneration that is critical in this case.

Here's a picture of Gerard Joling before Gho: http://************/7u52c3r

Maybe, but it dosen't matter. He got 1500 grafts placed in the front, and about the same amout in the back. This results are what 1500 grafts placed in the front looks like. And I think it's a fantastic result compared to the before picture, and given that only 1500 grafts were placed. However, This dosen't really proves anything, because it is the donor regeneration that is critical in this case.

Here's a picture of Gerard Joling before Gho: http://************/7u52c3r
    As you said it still doesn't PROVE donor regeneration.
    A while back I sent an email to Dr. Sanjay Gupta at CNN asking him to investigate HCSI. His show is great and above all accurate.
    I would suggest an email campaign to him to see if would do a story on it.

Quote Originally Posted by mlao View Post
    As you said it still doesn't PROVE donor regeneration.
    A while back I sent an email to Dr. Sanjay Gupta at CNN asking him to investigate HCSI. His show is great and above all accurate.
    I would suggest an email campaign to him to see if would do a story on it.
    What a great initiative! Has he responded to you yet? I think it's really important that we are proactive to get to the bottom of this.

No but I was only one person and this was a few months ago.
    For a news Network to investigate something they need to know that a lot
    of people have an interest in it.
    I would suggest that if anyone wants to contact them, try to sound as sane as possible. (No guerrilla tactics)

Great thread! I have been thinking about this and I think the problem is that it is really up to Dr. Gho to prove his technique and not up to his patients who are being charged for his services, which is virtually impossible anyway. I for one hope that he is the real deal, but I think it’s unfair and naïve to put the onus on other hair transplant doctors who are not allowed to learn about his technique or even experiment with it unless they pay a fee and a royalty for each procedure. The best way to conduct the study would be for Dr. Gho to train several well known doctors in the technique and provide them with all instrumentation and necessary proprietary solutions etc, at cost of course so that a multi site, independent study can be conducted. This is the way things are done in medicine.

Now of course Dr. Gho has every right to hold this proprietary technology close to his vest, but it’s unfair to blame anyone else for holding it back when it is actually Dr. Gho himself who is not sharing it. The hair transplant industry would grow like wild fire if Dr. Gho’s technique pans out. These doctors would be busier than they ever were, so it only makes sense that they would want a technology like this to offer their patients. Those who believe otherwise can’t be very business savvy. This technique would even benefit strip doctors because most strip doctors do FUE also, so being able to do a strip which would supply a lot of hair for one procedure and then being able to go back in to extract grafts that would then regenerate would offer patients a faster result with the plus of having practically unlimited donor. It’s ridiculous to think that any doctor or businessman would not want this to happen, so those people who think there is some big conspiracy over this are a little out of touch with reality. Gho has to be completely on board for any initiative that anyone comes up with and I hope he is, because I want this to work like everyone else does.

Quote Originally Posted by mlao View Post
    No but I was only one person and this was a few months ago.
    For a news Network to investigate something they need to know that a lot
    of people have an interest in it.
    I would suggest that if anyone wants to contact them, try to sound as sane as possible. (No guerrilla tactics)
    Sounds great. I can send them a mail as well. On which mail adress did you use when try reaching him/them? I agree, we need to be very clear and down to earth when contacting them. Because this is a big deal, either are people being scammed daily, or new patients are missing a great oppurtunity to restore all of their hair (practically speaking).

I sent the show an email months ago he now has a twitter account:

@sanjayguptaCNN

If someone decided to get this procedure done, and thereafter got the results analyzed by a credible third party, like an idependent dermologist, they would either get a full head of hair, or some strong evidence against HASCI. If the latter was the case, they could sue the clinic for millions.
    Is that last part necessarily true? How many of the patients who got scammed by Gho in the late 90s/early 00's even got a refund, let alone a million-dollar settlement? In fact I believe the clinic filed for bankruptcy which might have given it some kind of legal protection from patients trying to get compensated?

Don't get me wrong, I see the value in your idea here, I just wouldn't want to be the person who risks my scalp to what might only be a so-so FUE clinic

Well we have gcuk who's already done that for us.

We shud pay for him to get his donor analyzed