+ Reply to Thread

Default Hairline question

Hello all, I'm new here and I'm considering a possible HT. I have always had a high forehead, and I wanted to know if I could have hair transplanted into the area slightly below the original hairline, and create a new hairline in an area that did not ever have hair follicles before? Sorry if it's a stupid question, but I'd appreciate any answers on this.

Thx in advance

You can do it
    But I would suggest NOT doing it
    As you age and lose more hair then you're going have to go back to fill in the hair that you lost behind the hair that you had transplanted
    You'll be chasing it for the rest of your life

That’s good advice. Unless you have significant hair loss having a hair transplant just to bring down your hairline is not a good idea. This is the best site to get hair transplant advice and I think most people here will tell you the same. Don't do it unless you have hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    You can do it
    But I would suggest NOT doing it
    As you age and lose more hair then you're going have to go back to fill in the hair that you lost behind the hair that you had transplanted
    You'll be chasing it for the rest of your life

Well, it actually depends on how high your natural hairline is currently and your age. Some people have hairlines that are pretty high so it can be perfectly fine to lower your hairline within reason. If you are looking for something aggressive with closed temples I'd recommend against it but if it is still appropriate as what is expected for adult males then it should be ok.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

Thanks for all the answers, much appreciated.

I'm in my mid 30's and I started using Propecia several years ago, as my father is bald and I knew what was coming. I feel like it has prevented me from loosing my hair for the most part, as I don't really notice any major loss, but I guess I don't know what would have happened had I not been on it.

Anyway, I really feel like a slightly lower hairline would improve my look greatly, but I understand that if I lost hair behind it, I "would be chasing it for the rest of my life." But wouldn't I be able to keep what I've got by taking Propecia and maybe even starting Rogaine?

Also, if I were to do this, I would prefere a FUE, but I understand that not all people are good candidates for it, although I'm not clear on who makes a good canidate yet. What would any vets out there suggest I do at this stage, given my research at this point is been reading a few posts here, and looking online?

Ideally you should just keep reading and asking questions on the forums. Look at results of various members and also look at results of the clinics you are interested in. After about six months maybe submit your photos and information to the clinics that you are interest in and if possible see if they have patients you can meet or at least talk to.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

I would be careful of lowering your hairline to far. Remember you have to think about how it would look in 40yrs time.

You do not want to have an island of hair in the front. Just becareful with waht people promise...

This is my 2 cents. I am 7 weeks out of my procedure and let me tell you its a long road to recovery.