+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thumbs up

I would guess upper right in not transplanted. This is an amazing and fun way to illustrate how incredibly natural hair transplants can be with a good doctor like Rahal. You should do this every week Matt.!

Quote Originally Posted by Mygoodness View Post
    Let's see the replies on this thread, I'm already assuming they'll be biased.
    Good thing you clearly have no problem at all with bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    Good thing you clearly have no problem at all with bias.
    That's fair Davey, I Am biased towards cosmetic surgery. I just feel all cosmetic surgery is inherently flawed in that you cannot predict how the cosmetics will hold up over 40 or more years. How will they look compared to your normal aging process. I would love perfect hair now but at least my recession is natural. Look at Nick cage or Slater, they look funky, yet still have the benefit of lots of money and makeup artists, creative photography. I would say if your balding, your gonna keep balding. Period! Could be slow and take 40 years. Seems like a HT addresses the current situation, not the future. Be worse to look plastic than.balding. I may get a transplant, but I wanted to see how many were proponents on this forum, seems like a good amount are.

Well, transplants have helped a lot of people enjoy life now. Have you considered that maybe they don't care how it will look in 40 years? If you want to know what people think of hair transplants, just ask. Try to leave off the "...but I'm sure you deluded idiots just loooove them, don't you?" part.

P.S. I am against me personally getting a hair transplant. So you can feel free to put one in the against column. But only for myself at this current time. If some future treatments don't pan out, I could still consider it.

I have never had a transplant and hope never to have one, but everyone here is correct. Punch graft transplants from previous decades have nothing to do with modern hair transplants.
    There are clinics that now perform consistently quality transplants. You have seen some in your lifetime without knowing it (so have all of us).

As for future loss compromising the look of the transplant, that's a very valid concern. It's why ethical surgeons will discuss finasteride with their patients who aren't already on it. Typically you can maintain existing hair on fin for at least 4-5 years (some for 10 years or more), and by the time 2016-2017 is here, there will almost certainly be new treatment options. Plus you can go for additional procedures over time if you really need to (unless some hack blows all your donor in one hairline procedure).

As for the Rahal picture... I'm going to guess the one on the lower left is real.

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    I would guess upper right in not transplanted. This is an amazing and fun way to illustrate how incredibly natural hair transplants can be with a good doctor like Rahal. You should do this every week Matt.!
    Somebody had to guess correctly.

Yes, that's actually Dr Rahal's own hairline in the upper right.

I'd like to do some more but the hard thing is getting photos of non-transplanted hairlines.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post

I'd like to do some more but the hard thing is getting photos of non-transplanted hairlines.
    Looks like he is thinning and could use some work!

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post

The upper left's density is incredible. Do you have before after and how many grafts it was?