+ Reply to Thread

Default Speed of the loss

Just curious as to the normal speed of hair loss.

I'm kinda baffled at how fast mine is going, turned 20 in August, noticed it back in October, still a NW 1 then with only some signs of thinning. I was always paranoid about it so i picked it up right away. By now I'm almost a NW 3 on one side and a 2 on the other. This seems crazy fast to me I don't even shed a lot just the temples in the front thin, eventually wither away and the areas behind them thin and repeat.

How fast is it happening to you? Or did it happen to you. My DHT is pretty high, near the top healthy limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cr779 View Post
    Just curious as to the normal speed of hair loss.

I'm kinda baffled at how fast mine is going, turned 20 in August, noticed it back in October, still a NW 1 then with only some signs of thinning. I was always paranoid about it so i picked it up right away. By now I'm almost a NW 3 on one side and a 2 on the other. This seems crazy fast to me I don't even shed a lot just the temples in the front thin, eventually wither away and the areas behind them thin and repeat.

How fast is it happening to you? Or did it happen to you. My DHT is pretty high, near the top healthy limit.
    same as me i was a nw 1 in april last year now i am nw2 to nw 3 but i am shedding a lot in the shower.

How did you find out about your DHT levels? If it's super high then that's not good news.

I got my blood work done and checked for DHT, Testosterone and Estrogen a few months ago when i was seriously debating getting on propcia(even got the subscription, just never filled it) it cost like $80 since DHT blood work isn't covered by OHIP in Ontario. My testosterone was low but still "normal range" estrogen was high but still "normal" and DHT was near the max limit but still technically in "normal healthy range" something like 3200 when 3400 was max. So my hormones are already weird so I decided not to **** with propecia. I've almost come to terms with the idea that I will be bald soon, but you get your bad days and end up back here. I just wanted to know if my speed was normal or fast for a young guy loosing his locks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cr779 View Post
    I got my blood work done and checked for DHT, Testosterone and Estrogen a few months ago when i was seriously debating getting on propcia(even got the subscription, just never filled it) it cost like $80 since DHT blood work isn't covered by OHIP in Ontario. My testosterone was low but still "normal range" estrogen was high but still "normal" and DHT was near the max limit but still technically in "normal healthy range" something like 3200 when 3400 was max. So my hormones are already weird so I decided not to **** with propecia. I've almost come to terms with the idea that I will be bald soon, but you get your bad days and end up back here. I just wanted to know if my speed was normal or fast for a young guy loosing his locks.
    How did you get the DHT bloodwork? did you need a prescription or anything?

DHT pretty much tells you how rapid your loss would be.

I wanna my DHT level too so i can see how long i can enjoy my nw 2-3.

I'd be happy with 2 years "left". Bang a few hot chicks here and there and then just remember the good old days from then on...if you know what i mean.

I don't know if you need a doctors note or not but I went to my doctor to get a prescription for propecia and said that I wanted to get my hormone levels tested first. He gave me a note thing with some tick boxes that he checked off (one for each hormone) and then I went to the nearby clinic and gave them the note and the $80 for the test(since DHT wasn't covered) and they drew a few vials of blood. It should be as easy as calling or seeing your doctor and asking to get your levels checked, people who body build do it all the time to check their T levels. Don't know how it is in other countries hopefully it won't cost you much, just make sure you specify you wanna check DHT.