Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whyohwhy
    • Apr 2012

Toco-8 supposedly "promotes hair growth"

Hey guys, I just have a few questions to those who are on toco-8 and for those who are not, this may be informational.

Toco-8 a powerful vitamin-e complex, very potent antioxident complex has been shown to increase hair growth and stop shedding of hairs.

It has also shown to increase testosterone production and improve sex drive, erections, inhibit Low density Lipoproteins (LDL -Cholesterole) lay down etc.

Here is my question, if it also increases testosterone production would it not in turn increase the levels of circulating DHT?
    • Jan 2012

not necessarily but it might.... anyways, whatever POSITIVE toco-8 is doing to your hair, will most likely offset the possible damage from extra T. Plenty of people on this forum alone report less shedding and none so far report faster hair loss...

Comment

• whyohwhy
      • Apr 2012

Thank you for your response, I agree.

Comment

• producer12
        • Nov 2010

where and which one is the best one to buy of toco-8 ?
        Thanks
        George

Originally posted by 2020
        not necessarily but it might.... anyways, whatever POSITIVE toco-8 is doing to your hair, will most likely offset the possible damage from extra T. Plenty of people on this forum alone report less shedding and none so far report faster hair loss...

Comment

• whyohwhy
          • Apr 2012

Originally posted by producer12
          where and which one is the best one to buy of toco-8 ?
          Thanks
          George
          Depends where you live in the world, but you can easily get it online, but if you can get toco-caps from online nutrition.com.au as they have the most pure form of toco, toco-8 by premordial performance has begun to put fillers in their product meaning that you have to double the dose from one scoop per day to two scoops per day and the price hasnt changed so its more expensive

Comment

• vinnytr
            • Jan 2012

I have just oredered this stuff and it arrived , it says 2 scoops per day on this one as well.

But my main question is ,apart from the tub of toco 8 , there was also a silver sachet with no brand name on it ,just a sticker saying "NOVACHARGE"

Any ideas what it is ??

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
              • Jan 2011

If it tastes good i'd buy it. I know it won't help me with my MPB.

Comment

• whyohwhy
                • Apr 2012

Originally posted by vinnytr
                I have just oredered this stuff and it arrived , it says 2 scoops per day on this one as well.

But my main question is ,apart from the tub of toco 8 , there was also a silver sachet with no brand name on it ,just a sticker saying "NOVACHARGE"

Any ideas what it is ??
                Hey man, yeah thats just what there doing now I guess. The Novacharge is probably a promotional sachet of a product that the company you bought it off is promoting like an pre workout energy drink.

Comment

• vinnytr
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by whyohwhy
                  Hey man, yeah thats just what there doing now I guess. The Novacharge is probably a promotional sachet of a product that the company you bought it off is promoting like an pre workout energy drink.
                  I think you might be right ,thanks for the reply .
                  I am offically on toco 8 for the last few days now ,i will report if it helps anything . I am also on shen min men , biotin 5mg and omega 3 .

Comment

• whyohwhy
                    • Apr 2012

I think you might be right ,thanks for the reply .
                    I am offically on toco 8 for the last few days now ,i will report if it helps anything . I am also on shen min men , biotin 5mg and omega 3 .
                    I have been on it now for around 2 months, I have stopped checking how much hair im loosing, but i have noticed much less although keep in mind this may be because of seasonal changes, placebo etc.

I am on - Toco, Multivitamin, Omega 3 fish & krill oil.
                    No evident MPB yet... just a family history with the odds stacked against me
                    mothers side of the family (males are all bald) and I have a massive forehead already...haha im doing what I can now in hope that I may hinder my bodies ability to send me bald.

Comment

• Quickski
                      • Aug 2012

I was buying the toco8 from onlinenutrition.com.au too, then i found out as well that primordial were watering it down the toco8 with tapioca flour.

I took some pics to show you how watered down it is now.
                      I then bought the tococaps here: http://www.onlinenutrition.com.au/pr...oduct=TocoCaps

and took a picture and you can see when i removed the cap lid the powder color is the same as the original toco8. So i will be sticking to the tococaps from now on.

i looked at the labels and the breakdown goes as follows

Toco8 = a total of 4590mg of Tocotrienols/Tocopherols Per container
                      TocoCaps = a total of 6500mg of Tocotrienols/Tocopherols Per container
                      Attached Files

Comment

• vinnytr
                        • Jan 2012

good posting ^^

Do you see any help from toco 8 ? How long have you been using it ?

Comment

• Quickski
                          • Aug 2012

good posting ^^

Do you see any help from toco 8 ? How long have you been using it ?
                          Well i ditched the toco8 now over the tococaps.
                          I am 28 now and over the last 5 or so years had 5 then 10 then 15 or so hairs either in the sink in the morning or on the pillow case in the begining i use to think this was normal then started looking into it and said ahh shit i might be going bald. Since using the tococaps i have not seen a single hair..... well that's a lie maybe 1-2 a month if i am lucky.

I once switched to a multi vitamin called orange triad as it too has all 8 isomers that make up the vitamin e family and it didn't work for me, i put it down to the fact that it wasn't the full palm fruit extract as the tococaps also contain coq10, Plant Squalene, Mixed Plant Sterols and A-carotene B-carotene Y-carotene. So i am thinking in order for it to work properly it has to be the full palm fruit extract with all the natural goodness kept intact.

My hair is thicker and shinier my girl friend has noticed it too in me.
                          Also she is using it although she doesn't need to use it and her hair and finger nails are stronger she says.

I have had a slight improvement in libido from it but i feel it is not having a negative effect on DHT as my symptoms are getting better not worse.

My uncle is 75 and he is using it, and now get this grey hairs are turning black....haha when he told me this i was amazed as i put him onto it.

I think many people are too quick to blame testosterone when it is the conversion of DHT they need to be looking into sure high DHT conversion and extra testosterone added to that is bad mix but i have a higher libido on these tococaps and my hair seems to not fall out at all. Add to this i even took 50 days worth of DHEA the last 50 days and that had no bad effects on my hair loss.

I also had a recent blood test my testosterone levels were middle range and cholesterol values were also very good, the doctor didn't test my DHT levels though even though i asked them too. But i did come in with a minor deficiency in Vitamin D, so i have started supplementing with that now too.

My current hair loss treatment is:
                          TocoCaps, NOW Krill oil, NOW Vitamin D.

Comment

• Quickski
                            • Aug 2012

I found this info recently about the tococaps:

Have just come across some very interesting info on TocoCaps ingredients and some studies that have been conducted.

These might interest you:

Each tocotrienol capsule in this study contained 50 mg of mixed tocotrienols (30.8% ?-tocotrienol, 56.4% ?-tocotrienol and 12.8% ?-tocotrienol) as well as 23 IU of ?-tocopherol. The volunteers were required to take one capsule of either the placebo or tocotrienol twice daily after meal over a period of 8 months. Hence, the total daily intake of tocotrienols for each volunteer in the treatment group was 100 mg.

Comment

• dex89
                              • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Quickski
                              Well i ditched the toco8 now over the tococaps.
                              I am 28 now and over the last 5 or so years had 5 then 10 then 15 or so hairs either in the sink in the morning or on the pillow case in the begining i use to think this was normal then started looking into it and said ahh shit i might be going bald. Since using the tococaps i have not seen a single hair..... well that's a lie maybe 1-2 a month if i am lucky.

I once switched to a multi vitamin called orange triad as it too has all 8 isomers that make up the vitamin e family and it didn't work for me, i put it down to the fact that it wasn't the full palm fruit extract as the tococaps also contain coq10, Plant Squalene, Mixed Plant Sterols and A-carotene B-carotene Y-carotene. So i am thinking in order for it to work properly it has to be the full palm fruit extract with all the natural goodness kept intact.

My hair is thicker and shinier my girl friend has noticed it too in me.
                              Also she is using it although she doesn't need to use it and her hair and finger nails are stronger she says.

I have had a slight improvement in libido from it but i feel it is not having a negative effect on DHT as my symptoms are getting better not worse.

My uncle is 75 and he is using it, and now get this grey hairs are turning black....haha when he told me this i was amazed as i put him onto it.

I think many people are too quick to blame testosterone when it is the conversion of DHT they need to be looking into sure high DHT conversion and extra testosterone added to that is bad mix but i have a higher libido on these tococaps and my hair seems to not fall out at all. Add to this i even took 50 days worth of DHEA the last 50 days and that had no bad effects on my hair loss.

I also had a recent blood test my testosterone levels were middle range and cholesterol values were also very good, the doctor didn't test my DHT levels though even though i asked them too. But i did come in with a minor deficiency in Vitamin D, so i have started supplementing with that now too.

My current hair loss treatment is:
                              TocoCaps, NOW Krill oil, NOW Vitamin D.
                              Hopefully your not making up BS Cause ima about to buy this. Is it like a pre-work out supplement were it gives you energy? After ditching creatine I need a healthier booster.

Edit: they don't ship to the US OF A?? what the frak.

Comment

Working...