Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sighsigh
    • May 2012

A question about how finasteride works

Let's say you currently are a NW 1. Without any interference from hairloss treatments, you will be a NW 4 in 10 years.

However, your NW 1 self starts taking finasteride immediately and consistently, and in 10 years you are instead a NW 2.

Now, say, as a NW 2 10 years later, you come off finasteride. Will you continue balding at a standard rate from a NW 2, or will you lose clumps of hair extremely quickly (say, within a couple of months) and continue balding at a standard rate from a NW 4?

What if the medication involved is not finasteride, but minoxidil?

Thanks guys.
  • tizzle
    • Apr 2012

Everytime someone stated, that every benefit from Finasteride or Minoxidil is lost within 3 month, i wondered if it is really true.

i always thought when you stop, your hair follicles (which are perfectly healthy and dht free now) should start to get week at the same slow rate as if it would be at the beginning of balding.

But most people and the Pharma people state, that all benefit will be lost not in 10 years but in a few month. I guess they know their scientific data and tell the truth

Comment

Working...