+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

This thread has become interesting. People seem interested in bashing something they can't refute on a scientific or even logical level, for some reason. It's okay, for now it's just a theory, even though doctors are starting to apply it. I am merely sharing the "find".

Just think whether it is normal for a 20 years old to lose hair. If you think it is, good luck waiting for the miracle cure. Hey, maybe evolution will make everyone bald after puberty in a few generations, if it's such a genetic inevitability.
    I'll keep researching the actual cause (on which even wikipedia is catching on) and sharing my findings.

Quote Originally Posted by Aston View Post
    Firstly, that is false as it has been proven a combination of genes is necessary for MPB, and secondly even if that were true, it still doesn't change the hormonal mechanism behind it or the fact that what you inherit is a predisposition which can be prevented.
    The only way to debunk this view is to actually prove that even in the presence of high serum progesterone and cortisol levels, MPB doesn't stop. I am however fairly confident that most MPB sufferers in their twenties (and probably older) could solve their MPB and possible future health complications due to this condition by following the therapy i pasted my first post. Anyone having trouble finding the correct site for more information can PM me.
    My grandmother, who probably didn't even know what the word genetics meant told me I would develop a crown spot between 35-40 as that was when it happened to her son and husband. I was around 27 at the time and had no sign of it at all at that point. So just a lucky guess on her part?

Inactive

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    it's amazing how for the vast majority of people, their genetics get "activated" right around the same time as the person whose genes you inherited....
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed

Inactive

Thumbs down

Firstly, that is false as it has been proven a combination of genes is necessary for MPB
    You've got it backwards. Plenty of researchers who have looked for a "baldness gene" have found that MPB can't be wholly attributed to a single gene.

See, for example, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1226186/

and secondly even if that were true, it still doesn't change the hormonal mechanism behind it
    So what? Not every man experiences MPB, or experiences it to the same degree, or experiences its onset at the same age, so clearly there is a large genetic variability to the whatever mechanism is behind it.

that what you inherit is a predisposition which can be prevented
    As they say in court, assumes facts not in evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    My grandmother, who probably didn't even know what the word genetics meant told me I would develop a crown spot between 35-40 as that was when it happened to her son and husband. I was around 27 at the time and had no sign of it at all at that point. So just a lucky guess on her part?
    mpb47, your example proves my point. You didn't have MPB at 20 or 30. It means your DHT was in the norm and your body was functioning optimally. What is it that changes in the bodies of aging men? Their optimal hormonal level gets reduced. As men get older their testosterone lowers, and so does the overall hormonal tone. Among them are the hormones progesterone and cortisol. The lack of those causes DHT metabolism to become prominent, the rest we all know.
    In the case of aging men, diet has little to do with MPB.

Your grandma has witnessed normal MPB caused by aging and predisposition in your family line, but the cause of it is the reduction in hormone levels, which my first post argues to be reversible. Furthermore, young men don't normally have such hormonal changes naturally, but only as caused by modern diet based on high GI foods. Remember the sharp increase in MPB the japanese saw together with a higher availability of high Glycemix Index foods (starting from a simple higher availability of rice).

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    You've got it backwards. Plenty of researchers who have looked for a "baldness gene" have found that MPB can't be wholly attributed to a single gene.

See, for example, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1226186/
    It's what i'm saying. It's a combination of different genes.

So what? Not every man experiences MPB, or experiences it to the same degree, or experiences its onset at the same age, so clearly there is a large genetic variability to the whatever mechanism is behind it.
    You tell me to prove what i say, but even before that go assuming facts you yourself know to be false and imprecise. 95% of hair loss sufferers have MPB. MPB is caused by DHT. Large genetic variability? It's always the same process, so what you're saying is both vague and relative. In fact, it just supports my idea: while genetic variability of MPB is arguable, metabolic variability among individuals is not. Hence explained the different degrees of MPB. But the number of androgen receptors in the hair follicles could be a genetic variance factor as well, for all we know. The point is: that's irrelevant. The onset and degree alone can't tell you anything, and genetic variance still doesn't change that in the tight regulation of hormones in the human organism, DHT can't simply elevate without a complex metabolic cause!

As they say in court, assumes facts not in evidence.
    Precisely.

while genetic variability of MPB is arguable,
    It is not.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    It is not.
    They are androgen receptor genes. Other genes show influence, but the fundamental genes allowing MPB to occur are always the same.

I DARE YOU to do a genetic test and test for your susceptibility for baldness. I'm positive that it will show that you did in fact supposed to start balding at 20 or whenever you started balding....

Someone in your family started balding early, and their genes got passed onto you.

amazingly low progesterone is associated with prostate cancer and heart disease.... idk every year this low progesterone theory comes back to forums and every year no one has any success with. Check the forums, this theory goes back to 2008 and earlier