+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aston View Post
    You didn't read my short post carefully, i fear.
    You didn't read mine carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    it's amazing how for the vast majority of people, their genetics get "activated" right around the same time as the person whose genes you inherited....
    Firstly, that is false as it has been proven a combination of genes is necessary for MPB, and secondly even if that were true, it still doesn't change the hormonal mechanism behind it or the fact that what you inherit is a predisposition which can be prevented.
    The only way to debunk this view is to actually prove that even in the presence of high serum progesterone and cortisol levels, MPB doesn't stop. I am however fairly confident that most MPB sufferers in their twenties (and probably older) could solve their MPB and possible future health complications due to this condition by following the therapy i pasted my first post. Anyone having trouble finding the correct site for more information can PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    You didn't read mine carefully.
    Ummm... You need to get back to the books. A multitude of doctors and researches have concluded and confirmed multiple times that follicular sensitivity to the damaging effects of DHT is the main cause of hereditary hair loss in both men and women.
    My sentence was: "MPB isn't even caused by DHT, as much as a lack of a DHT's agonist"
    The logical meaning of this type of sentence structure is: "The cause of MPB is more a lack of DHT's antagonist than the excess of DHT itself"

(You may know that "cause" is something attributed to the earliest event allowing a second event to occur. I should perhaps have been more accurate in calling it "root cause", but english isn't my first language.)

As the logic of my sentence doesn't contradict your subsequent post, it means your failure to understand my sentence is what made you compose such post. I didn't want to believe you aren't smart enough to understand it, so i presumed you didn't read it properly.

There are other types of hair loss though. Maybe you have been confusing information on those other types of hair loss as being the same as and/or applying to hereditary hair loss (MPB/FPB).
    It is also logically safe to assume someone discussing the hormonal mechanisms of DHT excess in the organism can distinguish between MPB and other forms of baldness. The title of the article i link to also contains "Male Pattern Baldness", so i don't see what would make you suppose that, other than a lack of rigor in reading the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Ummm... You need to get back to the books. A multitude of doctors and researches have concluded and confirmed multiple times that follicular sensitivity to the damaging effects of DHT is the main cause of hereditary hair loss in both men and women. There are other types of hair loss though. Maybe you have been confusing information on those other types of hair loss as being the same as and/or applying to hereditary hair loss (MPB/FPB).
    His argument was more about the fact that situations in which blood flow is not restricted creates an environment [high oxygen] in which more testosterone is converted to estradiol as opposed to DHT, thus mitigating the negative effects of DHT on the hair follicle, this may be one explanation as to why minoxidil works.

no wonder they industry makes so much off humans.

The only way to debunk this view is to actually prove that even in the presence of high serum progesterone and cortisol levels, MPB doesn't stop.
    do it then. buy topical progesterone and cortisol "lotions" and test it out

It's in progress.
    I went to an endocrinologist and he agreed with me. The next week or so i will do a few hormonal tests. I have ordered transdermal pregnenolone and "managed to obtain" some tirosint (T4) for free. If the lab tests return the hormonal profile i expect, i will begin and post results.

It's in progress.
    I went to an endocrinologist and he agreed with me. The next week or so i will do a few hormonal tests. I have ordered transdermal pregnenolone and "managed to obtain" some tirosint (T4) for free. If the lab tests return the hormonal profile i expect, i will begin and post results.
    there really is no point in trying to pursuade these people....they are brainwashed by one and only one theory, which has been fed to them for the past few decades, perhaps they should do some thinking for themselves some time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by gutted View Post
    there really is no point in trying to pursuade these people....they are brainwashed by one and only one theory, which has been fed to them for the past few decades, perhaps they should do some thinking for themselves some time soon.
    who are you talking about?

$100 bucks Aston will either disappear or claim "maintenance".... lol I've been off treatments and eating junk food at my parents house for the past two months and I'm still "maintaining". Don't mean nothing

Quote Originally Posted by gutted View Post
    there really is no point in trying to pursuade these people....they are brainwashed...
    That is 110% false.

Aston,

You do not need to re-invent the wheel - but if that is what makes you happy...