+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    are you MisterE? You do realize all that shit was non-existent 30 years ago and yet our parents went bald...

stop with this diet shit. No one is changing their diet for hair. The goal now:

raise SHBG
    lower DHT without 5AR
    Japan after WW2. Drastically increased AGA. Increased caloric intake. Westernization of diet.

Also, blocking DHT without 5AR is a futile wish. The extra T will still turn into E2 and you'll get gyno and post-finasteride syndrome all the same. Curing leptin resistance will raise your SHBG...

Quote Originally Posted by Aston View Post
    Japan after WW2. Drastically increased AGA. Increased caloric intake. Westernization of diet.
    citation needed.

do you acknowledge follicle AR sensitivity. Yes/No?
    I'm not disagreeing with this hormone stuff it's just that you're going about this the wrong way...

citation needed.
    I have no time to go look for what is common knowledge in balding communities. Use google, you will find it.

do you acknowledge follicle AR sensitivity. Yes/No?
    I'm not disagreeing with this hormone stuff it's just that you're going about this the wrong way...
    Yes, men with AR sensitivity genes WILL go bald at some point. What i'm trying to figure out is whether going bald at 20 should be as common as it is and whether it can be fought at its roots. No matter the way you look at it, it evolutionarily makes no sense for a man to go bald at 20 when his first worry is reproduction and women across all races consider baldness unattractive.
    Couple this with the hormonal "imperfections" of balding men and a clear pattern emerges. A pattern many others are starting to see. A metabolic one.

I have no time to go look for what is common knowledge in balding communities. Use google, you will find it.
    nope! There hasn't been ANY STUDIES that even tried proving this WW2 japanese balding theory... people like you mention it a lot but there is no actual source for that.

Yes, men with AR sensitivity genes WILL go bald at some point.
    it's not as simple as sensitive vs nonsensitive, there is a wide range with that. Some people have sensitivity 50x higher than non-balding people..

What i'm trying to figure out is whether going bald at 20 should be as common as it is and whether it can be fought at its roots. No matter the way you look at it, it evolutionarily makes no sense for a man to go bald at 20 when his first worry is reproduction and women across all races consider baldness unattractive.
    Couple this with the hormonal "imperfections" of balding men and a clear pattern emerges. A pattern many others are starting to see. A metabolic one.
    it isn't that common dude... do you know what an average diet of a college aged student consists of yet I don't see many people my age balding.

Hormonal imperfections right which is why I suggested treating it by raising SHBG(good if it was low) and lowering DHT... what's wrong with that?

2020, you always have tunnel vision. Okay, you have low SHBG. Ask yourself why.
    Can't answer? Then shush and listen.

Study examining the japanese case (sorry, need access for article): http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14527633

Overlook:
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/31...iet-hair-loss/

2020, you always have tunnel vision. Okay, you have low SHBG. Ask yourself why.
    Can't answer? Then shush and listen.
    I didn't say I have a low SHBG.... I said it would be wise to keep it high though.

Study examining the japanese case (sorry, need access for article): http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14527633
    right right... low SHBG = insulin problems. I know that. Question now: what would be the best way to raise it without changing diet?

no one here will change their diet purely for male pattern baldness.... I'd rather go bald actually. Don't reduce this forum to IH where they talk about which potatoes are better for hair ffs why are they so crazy?

I didn't say I have a low SHBG.... I said it would be wise to keep it high though.
    You can't. Hormonal balance is tightly regulated in the organism. The best you can do is either raise or decrease metabolic rates, or correct imbalances.

right right... low SHBG = insulin problems. I know that. Question now: what would be the best way to raise it without changing diet?
    Probably trying to forcefully increase your metabolic rate with the same treatment i have been advocating since the start of the thread... pregnenolone, T replacement, cortisol replacement, Thyroid hormone replacement. For starters, the only way to increase resting metabolism is to get the thyroid to allow for a higher metabolic rate, despite the pituitary telling it to "lay low". As i said before, just trying increase your SHBG to useful levels would be a disaster and create a metabolic imbalance.

no one here will change their diet purely for male pattern baldness.... I'd rather go bald actually. Don't reduce this forum to IH where they talk about which potatoes are better for hair ffs why are they so crazy?
    Are you kidding? Paying thousands of dollars for a transplant which is simply groctesque and barely covers what you lost, or taking dangerous meds like finasteride is better than adopting a healthier diet? I know people who would gladly kill if it stopped their balding.

That said, i don't plan to discuss diet in detail in this thread and forum. There are specific forums for that.

You can't. Hormonal balance is tightly regulated in the organism. The best you can do is either raise or decrease metabolic rates, or correct imbalances.
    all right so since SHBG is low what could be the most common causes for it?

Probably trying to forcefully increase your metabolic rate with the same treatment i have been advocating since the start of the thread... pregnenolone, T replacement, cortisol replacement, Thyroid hormone replacement. For starters, the only way to increase resting metabolism is to get the thyroid to allow for a higher metabolic rate, despite the pituitary telling it to "lay low". As i said before, just trying increase your SHBG to useful levels would be a disaster and create a metabolic imbalance.
    ugh is that really the best way? Taking T3 pills for the rest of your life? That can't be good

Are you kidding? Paying thousands of dollars for a transplant which is simply groctesque and barely covers what you lost, or taking dangerous meds like finasteride is better than adopting a healthier diet?
    did I suggest transplants and DHT blockers? I said I'd rather just give up and go bald gracefully rather than going on crazy diets(which never work for MPB) for the rest of my life...

I know people who would gladly kill if it stopped their balding.
    no one has ever ever ever in the history of mankind stopped their MPB by changing diet.

all right so since SHBG is low what could be the most common causes for it?

looooooool

hes told you 10 million times yet you still ask the same question.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7962291

dude, just stick to your pgd2 inhibition or finastride.

Quote Originally Posted by gutted View Post
    looooooool

hes told you 10 million times yet you still ask the same question.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7962291
    insulin is not the only thing that controls SHBG levels and even so how would I fix it without going on a diet?

Quote Originally Posted by gutted View Post
    dude, just stick to your pgd2 inhibition or finastride.