Started all 3. Question how to start taking Propecia.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JJacobs152
    • May 2011

Started all 3. Question how to start taking Propecia.

I officially have all the three ingredients to help me start decreasing the progression of MPB. I have the generic 1mg Propecia, ka Finax. My question is, to minimize the potential of side effects, what dose should I start this with?

Is .5mg good to start with, or am I better off taking .25mg. All comments are appreciated.
  • PatientlyWaiting
    • Jan 2011

Take the full 1mg a day.

Comment

• gutted
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by JJacobs152
      I officially have all the three ingredients to help me start decreasing the progression of MPB. I have the generic 1mg Propecia, ka Finax. My question is, to minimize the potential of side effects, what dose should I start this with?

Is .5mg good to start with, or am I better off taking .25mg. All comments are appreciated.
      i hope you can document your progress here in this thread.

Comment

• chrisis
        • Feb 2012

It's terrible advice to recommend the full dose!

If you're going to start, start at 0.25mg at the most, then increase slowly and carefully. There's a chart that indicates effectiveness, and 0.25mg isn't that much less effective than 1mg really.

Being cautious is advisable.

Comment

• JJacobs152
          • May 2011

Originally posted by chrisis
          It's terrible advice to recommend the full dose!

If you're going to start, start at 0.25mg at the most, then increase slowly and carefully. There's a chart that indicates effectiveness, and 0.25mg isn't that much less effective than 1mg really.

Being cautious is advisable.
          Thanks chrisis. I was actually hoping you'd respond to my thread. Have you been able to regain function or are you still experiencing the side effects of fin?

Comment

• JJacobs152
            • May 2011

Originally posted by gutted
            i hope you can document your progress here in this thread.
            Yup, I'll take some pictures at the first of next month to let everybody know how it's going.

Comment

• chrisis
              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by JJacobs152
              Thanks chrisis. I was actually hoping you'd respond to my thread. Have you been able to regain function or are you still experiencing the side effects of fin?
              No worries. It's getting slowly better. I stopped around February so it's taking a long time but I think I will recover which is the main thing.

If you really want to give it a go, I'd recommend doing the 0.25mg for a good while before upping it. If you're not suffering after 2-3 months, then you might increase. Some people try to go with a low dose indefinitely, just to be on the safe(r) side. Some go even lower than 0.25mg but it's not very easy to split a tablet any smaller than quarters.

Comment

Working...