+ Reply to Thread
Page 109 of 109 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109
Results 1,081 to 1,088 of 1088

Thread: Aderans

Quote Originally Posted by allTheGoodNamesAreTaken View Post
    There are encouraging differences though... one being that both Histogen and Replicel (or rather, Replicel's method, recently purchased by a big company) are both making bold statements, and actions, regarding 2018 release dates in specific countries, as well as commencing further trials soon if not already. Histogen has recently managed to raise millions of dollars too, so that's encouraging. Plus Histogen definitely can regrow noticeable amounts of hair if they have not added fake hair to the scalps in their photographs (ie. if they've faked them, the typical 'different lighting/combing/camera angle' tricks that scams use cannot explain the amount of regrowth their photos appear to show). And those purported results are from a single treatment when multiple ones should presumably do better. And they need to see what happens if they vary the doses. Things are still uncertain and too much hope is dangerous but I don't see any reason to write them off at this moment, just the opposite if anything.

Could be. But what it seems strange to me is that they show their results with only one picture. If the trials the did really works, why don`t the show more pictures. Because the regrowth of hair in a single subject could be by chance and don't necessary means that works in other people.

Quote Originally Posted by SebaURU View Post
    Could be. But what it seems strange to me is that they show their results with only one picture. If the trials the did really works, why don`t the show more pictures. Because the regrowth of hair in a single subject could be by chance and don't necessary means that works in other people.
    There's more than one picture available, I don't know if you've been looking at at an old presentation. I've not looked in quite a while but can remember one picture with a blonde woman that had her receded hairline restored, and one where a dark haired man with major loss at the front and on top showed crazy thickening in the after picture, and also there's a close-up shot of a coin-sized region of scalp. It probably doesn't work the same for everyone and they will of course have only shown their best responders, but they don't yet know the optimum dose, or best number of treatments, or how long to wait between successive treatments, or what the final result is after 18 months or 2 years or whatever, or who the best-suited candidates for treatment are.

Something interesting is that there are 3 things now that are being claimed to be released somewhere in the world in 2018 - Histogen, Replicel (via Shiseido), and also one of these topical drugs currently being trialled (can't remember which one now). So I think that at least one of them might have something that works and the other two are worried about it, and they're in a race to get their product out first. And it was Histogen who first came out with this 2018 talk if I'm not mistaken.

There's more than one picture available, I don't know if you've been looking at at an old presentation. I've not looked in quite a while but can remember one picture with a blonde woman that had her receded hairline restored, and one where a dark haired man with major loss at the front and on top showed crazy thickening in the after picture, and also there's a close-up shot of a coin-sized region of scalp. It probably doesn't work the same for everyone and they will of course have only shown their best responders, but they don't yet know the optimum dose, or best number of treatments, or how long to wait between successive treatments, or what the final result is after 18 months or 2 years or whatever, or who the best-suited candidates for treatment are.

Something interesting is that there are 3 things now that are being claimed to be released somewhere in the world in 2018 - Histogen, Replicel (via Shiseido), and also one of these topical drugs currently being trialled (can't remember which one now). So I think that at least one of them might have something that works and the other two are worried about it, and they're in a race to get their product out first. And it was Histogen who first came out with this 2018 talk if I'm not mistaken.
    Yes, I saw the same pictures that you mentioned. I still are few. But I agree with your explanation. I hope it works at least one of those options. But since 20 years ago that labs are promising alopecia cure in 3 or 4 years. I think that most of those announcements are for publicity. I hope you are right and the cure will be available in 2018. I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by SebaURU View Post
    Yes, I saw the same pictures that you mentioned. I still are few. But I agree with your explanation. I hope it works at least one of those options. But since 20 years ago that labs are promising alopecia cure in 3 or 4 years. I think that most of those announcements are for publicity. I hope you are right and the cure will be available in 2018. I doubt it.
    Yep it has always been said to be only a few years away but eventually something will work and that 'few years away' claim will turn out to have been accurate. It's possible that we're in that time now, who knows. Hair follicles can only hold so many secrets and they're much better-understood now than they were 20 years ago.

Something else that's encouraging about Histogen is that their founder and CEO, Dr. Gail Naughton, seems to be a serious career woman with an impressive CV, and I'm almost certain I've read about her having brought other working products (unrelated to hair) to market before. She sounds like the real deal to me.

Oh, by the way, the third group claiming a 2018 release is Follica. So we shall see.

Yep it has always been said to be only a few years away but eventually something will work and that 'few years away' claim will turn out to have been accurate. It's possible that we're in that time now, who knows. Hair follicles can only hold so many secrets and they're much better-understood now than they were 20 years ago.

Something else that's encouraging about Histogen is that their founder and CEO, Dr. Gail Naughton, seems to be a serious career woman with an impressive CV, and I'm almost certain I've read about her having brought other working products (unrelated to hair) to market before. She sounds like the real deal to me.

Oh, by the way, the third group claiming a 2018 release is Follica. So we shall see.

I hope you are right. About Dr. Gail Naughton I heard another Dr. saying that in a conference she said that Histogen made hair growth in a scar. And thats not possible because scar is dead tissue.
    One thing I would really know is if all this products and treatments that supposed to be launched beyond 2018 would work in people who did hair transplant. In the receptor zone I mean, to gain density.

Don`t forget that Shiseido said in 2005 that its product ADENOGEN was 94% effective for alopecia. And did`t work.

Urgh, well we'll see soon enough then...

Good evening. There is nothing wrong with the contract. When I rented part of the house I also signed a tenant agreement and it's a certainty that no one will cheat you. If you are worried, you can read this article which tells you what a lodger's contract is. It explains everything in detail there. Good luck with that!