+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 109 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Aderans

Quote Originally Posted by JRQ View Post
    Hello,

I was unfortunately unable to participate in the phase 2 study. You weren't allowed to be on Propecia 12 months prior to the study, and I had been...so we both decided that since my 12 months off was coming up soon, we would wait so I could participate at this site. Then once I went back, Aderans had stopped testing at that site due to low turnout, and opened some further south. I was extremely disappointed, but was told to wait for Phase 3 in early 2013.
    Thanks for your information, in your personal opinion, are you getting the feeling that "the race is on" for the first to market after dealing with Aderans??

Replicel gained double digit hair growth in some of their participants - they had a response rate of 63%!!! And this is all before establishing proper dose ranges/number of injections and only within the first 6 months of treatment- it took Aderans until nearly 300 participants and several formulas to hit anywhere near the 70% success rate range. Nonetheless I think people are utterly stupid to react negatively to such results - let's all do a clinical trial of finasteride and minoxidil and see what kind of results we get after 6 months... WE ALL KNOW Finasteride and Minox needs a good 9 - 12 months to perform, Replicels/Aderans treatment should be no different!

Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) March 28, 2012 -- Aderans Research reached a major milestone this month with the completion of enrollment in one of its key Phase 2 clinical protocols. A total of more than 350 subjects across the country are enrolled in the trial, which evaluates the effect of Aderans’ unique Ji Gami™ family of cell products on pattern hair loss.

With me being increasingly persistent about being involved with a trial study, I went to another test site and they had just closed. It was a part of Aderans latest inductions of Radiant Research facilities that it increasingly uses for trials. They had just closed Phase 2 as of February, and since they require 52 total weeks of observation, that would equate to Feb. 2013.
    Also, they are very easy to contact by phone-

Atlanta
    2211 Newmarket Parkway, Suite 142
    Marietta, GA 30067
    1-678-213-1919

Ask to speak to the clinical trials rep. and they can answer things I'm not fully aware of, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Thanks for your information, in your personal opinion, are you getting the feeling that "the race is on" for the first to market?
    Yes and no I guess you can say....you would think Aderans would have a fire burning underneath them with the massive financial clout they possess (and the subsequent need for positive results). However, I have learned through dealing with them for a while now that they are in no real hurry. I think of it as they want the best product possible and are willing to take their time to perfect it....however, it has become increasingly frustrating to watch them year after year take their sweet time lol. I do believe when Phase 3 comes along, it will go much, much faster.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Thanks for your information, in your personal opinion, are you getting the feeling that "the race is on" for the first to market?

Replicel gained double digit hair growth in some of their participants - they had a response rate of 63%!!! And this is all before establishing proper dose ranges/number of injections and only within the first 6 months of treatment- it took Aderans until nearly 300 participants and several formulas to hit anywhere near the 70% success rate range.
    Replicel needs to show photos.

JRQ, what's your opinion of Aderans.. do you honestly believe in an endless amount of donor hair? Thanks for sharing the information, we all greatly appriciate it. I'm glad they are working on perfecting their treatment, but like you said it is frustrating waiting.. but I'm willing to wait knowing I can get a full head of hair, regardless of where I'm at on the Norwood scale.

Thanks.

Yes and no I guess you can say....you would think Aderans would have a fire burning underneath them with the massive financial clout they possess (and the subsequent need for positive results). However, I have learned through dealing with them for a while now that they are in no real hurry. I think of it as they want the best product possible and are willing to take their time to perfect it....however, it has become increasingly frustrating to watch them year after year take their sweet time lol. I do believe when Phase 3 comes along, it will go much, much faster.
    I think you might be right. Well I hope so anyway. Phase 2 is the real experimenting stage and Dr. Washenik has said this before. They're trying several of the different Ji-Gami approaches and are going to go with the best one for phase 3 so phase 3 will just be about mass testing I believe. They're a good bit ahead of the competition from my understanding anyway. They also had some super close ups like Histogen of increased hair count and diameter at one of the talks last year I think. The video is out there somewhere.

Actually no, just a very, very persistent young man that would do anything to have hair again; and I think we all know when you want something as badly as this, you will not stop until you get it back.

I'm not here to sugar coat anything at all. I'm personally in the "Replicel is pretty much dead" group here after the results recently posted. With Aderans, the technology is so much more straightforward than many of the others...I know you probably try to be the level head in a room full of optimists, however don't let your role cloud your vision on anything seen as positive. They have officially closed Phase 3 as of February, which is a huge step. We now know that by February 2013, they will have results posted, whether positive or negative. My money personally is on positive.
    One thing is being OPTIMISTIC. Another thing is being a DUMB FOOL willing to buy and believe anything without science/evidence. You are all going to believe this troll? are you that desesperate?

This can be easily checked down. Any moderator check this guy's IP address and you will see he is another user on this forum.

Yes Aderans is promising but we don't need a troll making up stories to reinforce that statement.

This is being optimistic: "There is no evidence and scientific data to back up that aderans CAN grow terminal thick hair that we could all use, BUT THEY MAY BE ABLE TO OVERCOME THIS AGAINST ALL ODDS".

This is being a fool: "when is phase 3 going to be over according to you troll who just made a second/new account "

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    One thing is being OPTIMISTIC. Another thing is being a DUMB FOOL willing to buy and believe anything without science/evidence. You are all going to believe this troll? are you that desesperate?

This can be easily checked down. Any moderator check this guy's IP address and you will see he is another user on this forum.

Yes Aderans is promising but we don't need a troll making up stories to reinforce that statement.

This is being optimistic: "There is no evidence and scientific data to back up that aderans CAN grow terminal thick hair that we could all use, BUT THEY MAY BE ABLE TO OVERCOME THIS AGAINST ALL ODDS".

This is being a fool: "when is phase 3 going to be over according to you troll who just made a second/new account "
    You're just a few seconds away from irritating me with your behavior. I suggest you chill out and stop making a FOOL of yourself.

Please do trace my IP and see that I'm currently a student at VCU in Richmond. Aderans even pays for my tuition!!!

Not that I need to explain myself, but I've taken greater interest in this forum and have been lurking for months now....I finally decided to face my truth of balding and join where people understand the crap of watching more and more hair float down the shower drain every day. I'm only here to report what little I know. I don't know the other companies too well, but I know them well enough. I have dealt with Aderans for about 14 months or so now, and I'm just telling my experience and knowledge thus far. So please tone it down.

Plus, what infiltrator for Aderans is going to be online posting at 11:00pm? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    JRQ, what's your opinion of Aderans.. do you honestly believe in an endless amount of donor hair? Thanks for sharing the information, we all greatly appriciate it. I'm glad they are working on perfecting their treatment, but like you said it is frustrating waiting.. but I'm willing to wait knowing I can get a full head of hair, regardless of where I'm at on the Norwood scale.

Thanks.
    I believe it may possibly take multiple visit, but in essence I do believe that's the case. They will cut an approximate dime-size shape from the back scalp (at least they do for the clinical trial) where they then clone the follicles and place them throughout the balding area. This is what I personally like about it....it's sort of like a tried and true routine hair transplant, they're just able to clone the actual follicle and place many times more throughout the balding area....and in my own, subjective opinion, I don't think there's any chance of enrolling 350 phase 2 participants with something that simply doesn't work. I may be totally incorrect, but I'm pretty good typically at sniffing these things out lol.

I believe it may possibly take multiple visit, but in essence I do believe that's the case. They will cut an approximate dime-size shape from the back scalp (at least they do for the clinical trial) where they then clone the follicles and place them throughout the balding area. This is what I personally like about it....it's sort of like a tried and true routine hair transplant, they're just able to clone the actual follicle and place many times more throughout the balding area....and in my own, subjective opinion, I don't think there's any chance of enrolling 350 phase 2 participants with something that simply doesn't work. I may be totally incorrect, but I'm pretty good typically at sniffing these things out lol.
    Do you think 2014 is a realistic date for their release?