+ Reply to Thread
Page 99 of 109 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Aderans

Quote Originally Posted by StinkySmurf View Post
    Yes, I still don't understand because I see the picture of the guy with improved hair, and if it takes multiple rounds [of cell injections] and postpones the inevitable, then why is it not a Propecia replacement?
    Sure, in theory YES - with multiple rounds of cell injections and such injections FOREVER. But even so (every 3 or 6 or 12 month cells injections into the balding areas), same as with Propecia:
    once the time will come, when not even "postponing the inevitable" will work anymore (if Propecia worked at all for you), because mother nature will be simply stronger. It's simply her intention, so to speak, that you SHOULD be bald in these "unique regions" of the skin - same as those tiger babies I mentioned; they SHOULD have stripes and not prickles or something else instead of.

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    Sure, in theory YES - with multiple rounds of cell injections and such injections FOREVER. But even so (every 3 or 6 or 12 month cells injections into the balding areas), same as with Propecia:
    once the time will come, when not even "postponing the inevitable" will work anymore (if Propecia worked at all for you), because mother nature will be simply stronger. It's simply her intention, so to speak, that you SHOULD be bald in these "unique regions" of the skin - same as those tiger babies I mentioned; they SHOULD have stripes and not prickles or something else instead of.
    That 2003 paper is a little thin for me. It's not exactly definitive proof of leakage, and it doesn't really explain what Aderans has been up to in the decade since then, but at least I understand you're argument now so thanks.

That 2003 paper is a little thin for me. It's not exactly definitive proof of leakage, and it doesn't really explain what Aderans has been up to in the decade since then, but at least I understand you're argument now so thanks.
    How many papers do you want to study, which CONFIRM Jahoda's 2003-theory? Tell me a number ...

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    How many papers do you want to study, which CONFIRM Jahoda's 2003-theory? Tell me a number ...
    How about the following one - it's an easy to understand one (I think)...
    http://www.hindawi.com/journals/ijbm/2012/926059/

Abstract
    Stem cell-based therapies offer tremendous potential for skin regeneration following injury and disease. Functional stem cell units have been described throughout all layers of human skin and the collective physical and chemical microenvironmental cues that enable this regenerative potential are known as the stem cell niche. Stem cells in the hair follicle bulge, interfollicular epidermis, dermal papillae, and perivascular space have been closely investigated as model systems for niche-driven regeneration. These studies suggest that stem cell strategies for skin engineering must consider the intricate molecular and biologic features of these niches. Innovative biomaterial systems that successfully recapitulate these microenvironments will facilitate progenitor cell-mediated skin repair and regeneration.
    [...]
    These microenvironmental cues dictate stem cell function in both health and disease states. Early progress has been made in elucidating skin compartment-specific niches but a detailed understanding of their molecular and structural biology remains incomplete. Biomaterials will continue to play a central role in regenerative medicine by providing the framework upon which to reconstruct functional niches. Future challenges include the characterization and recapitulation of these dynamic environments using engineered constructs to maximize the therapeutic potential of stem cells.

"compartment-specific niches" - that's the key point. These are extremely difficult to reproduce. You can them at least "duplicate" (bisectioning of hair follicles etc), but - again, difficult to get 1000s of these necessary "compartment-specific niches". Without them - cells do not really know what they should do (that's the simple version). It's like a snake without a head. With ARI's Ji Gami, the snakes even with a head is still there, but the snake's head are "wrong programmed" - they simply work site-specific (as planned by mother nature). You can feed the worms (miniaturized follicles) with lots of cells, and indeed, the worms will get fatter - but they will always be worms, and not anacondas.

Quote Originally Posted by amibald View Post
    can't we all just get a gho transplant problem solved anyway?
    Solve one problem, get another.

Well, actually I've long toyed with the idea of transplanting some of the hairs from non-permanent zones of the donor area, so that the transplanted hairs would eventually thin out similarly those surrounding them, and I'd always look perfectly au naturelle even if I went balder. No need for ji gami and histogen then, eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_JH...ailpage#t=570s

yeah, but there is just one giant freaking problem with all those papers. Go back and look at the video. The chart shows hair counts for Ji Gami increasing as the length of time from the procedure increases. In fact it doesn't even hit 60% response until week 54 with the 2011 protocol, and the hair counts are not less at 54 weeks. They are more. The only difference in the 2013 protocol is the response rate starts out much higher which indicates the use of the genetic pre-test but the numbers improve with time in both sets of data.

So when exactly does it stop working because five years sounds like a long time to have more hair to me?

Sorry for my ignorance but how does everyone know that Aderans isn't using DP cells and what are the implications of this? Has Aderans admitted as much themselves?

I've been looking at some of the comments and I'm not sure what to make of all this. Fortunately I'm still only around a Norwood 1.5/2 and have been receding quite slowly, but I can't style my hairline how I'd like to and I hate that. Hopefully this (or Histogen or Replicel) will come out and enable me to fill in my hairline.

And then why would the value proposition slide say this...

"Procedural treatment for long term personalized solution rather than ongoing maintenance therapy"

And then why would the value proposition slide say this...

"Procedural treatment for long term personalized solution rather than ongoing maintenance therapy"
    Are you addressing me?

So are they gonna market this as a personal topical rather than in a clinical environment? That is pathetic if true...

Quote Originally Posted by garethbale View Post
    Are you addressing me?

So are they gonna market this as a personal topical rather than in a clinical environment? That is pathetic if true...
    No, I was addressing someone else. It's not a topical. It's a procedure definitely that you will need to go to a clinic for.