+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 109 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Thread: Aderans

Hi JRQ,

Does their tech work? As in regrow cosmetically visible hairs?

Quote Originally Posted by JRQ View Post
    I have dealt with Aderans for the past year and a half...the clinical site that I was going to have my trial at unfortunately closed due to lack of participation. However, here is the best timeline I can give you from my own personal involvement-

Phase 2 was just finally closed starting around February of this year. Seeing as how the trial takes 52 weeks to 'complete', we have a bit of a wait. I would estimate they are now around 18 weeks in to the last round of phase 2 participants, leaving us with around 34 weeks until phase 2 results are to be announced, with phase 3 hopefully following soon thereafter. This equates to a date of apr. mid February 2013 for phase 2 results and phase 3 to possibly begin.

I will also say that having dealt with them for so long, they are now much, much more confident than in my earlier experiences with them. This is subjective on my part, however they seem to be much more aggressive than before, leading me to believe they have a product they can truly count on for efficacy and results. I'm as pessimistic as they come, and I have my eggs in their basket. The science seems to be the most straightforward and tested of those out there, and regardless of what naysayers spew, investors will NOT put the amount of money that Aderans Research has been allocated unless some tangible product will soon be derived from years of research. Just my opinion, but I'm personally watching them very closely.
    You're full of shit. End of the story.

Investors will throw in money because these scientists will not tell them the truth.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post

Investors will throw in money because these scientists will not tell them the truth.
    Dude do you work for Replicel?

Give this guy a break. Aderans is obviously closest to market - we don't really know if he's full of shit just like he doesn't really know whats going on behind closed doors.

Strange how Maradona went from the most positive poster, to extremely negative.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Default Hi Yeah (x3)

I want to thank you for beginning such a great and POSITIVE thread.
    You have been able to provide documented facts and timelines. Lets really hope for the best with Aderans .
    The only way to subdue the nay-saying and the pessimism's is to NOT react or respond at all. The negativity, especially on THIS particular thread really means nothing to most of us.
    Without any reactions to the insults,doom and gloom etc ,it would go away. You can count on human nature for that result.

Being that Aderans has been on this research for approx a DECADE now, you cant count them out at all especially with the RESULTS thus far.
    Thanks again -Yeah'

I think we can all help to keep these threads positive and constructive. As long as we ignore the negative posters we can keep these treads productive. This is a the best hair loss forum on the internet with some really smart posters who understand that the very fact that Aderans and other companies are diligently working on these treatments is a very positive thing for all of us. Let’s not allow these negative posters to discourage us or try to overrun this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    You have been able to provide documented facts and timelines. Lets really hope for the best with Aderans .
    The only way to subdue the nay-saying and the pessimism's is to NOT react or respond at all. The negativity, especially on THIS particular thread really means nothing to most of us.
    Without any reactions to the insults,doom and gloom etc ,it would go away. You can count on human nature for that result.

Being that Aderans has been on this research for approx a DECADE now, you cant count them out at all especially with the RESULTS thus far.
    Thanks again -Yeah'

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post

Actually no, just a very, very persistent young man that would do anything to have hair again; and I think we all know when you want something as badly as this, you will not stop until you get it back.

I'm not here to sugar coat anything at all. I'm personally in the "Replicel is pretty much dead" group here after the results recently posted. With Aderans, the technology is so much more straightforward than many of the others...I know you probably try to be the level head in a room full of optimists, however don't let your role cloud your vision on anything seen as positive. They have officially closed Phase 3 as of February, which is a huge step. We now know that by February 2013, they will have results posted, whether positive or negative. My money personally is on positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Dude do you work for Replicel?

Give this guy a break. Aderans is obviously closest to market - we don't really know if he's full of shit just like he doesn't really know whats going on behind closed doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post

Thanks again -Yeah'
    No problem, I think it is for the good of the community that we follow what all of the companies are doing. I think people really need to put things in perspective and look at the bigger picture.

As it stands, Histogen have regrown a significant amount of hair on the human scalp, to the point that it is cosmetically visible. This alone is a breakthrough.

Aderans WILL now be under pressure now to follow suit. So all this talk of, "oh their product is going to be like a scalp tattoo" is folly. (If that is the case, I may as well get a scalp tattoo, or use Toppik, think about it)

I am sure Aderans knows, given that Histogen are breathing down their neck (along with others), if their technology is just not good enough. When Histogen release a product, which looks ever so likely given their results. They will lose a significant market share. Finally, if the treatment is simply shit, then I doubt people will buy into their technology after it has been released. They wont get a return of investment, it will be acell all over again.

Aderans or for that matter - all of these companies, are trying to tap into this untapped market because of $$$$ they can make. Defeats the whole point if they do not produce something better then the existing treatments that are already available on the market.

You also have Follica, who are very quiet; who knows, they may turn out to be the dark horses in the race and come out with something first.

And lets not forget replicel, their phase 1 results were disappointing in terms of efficiency, but who's to know what they will produce in the future. I think the problem here, some people got their hopes up with replicel, WHEN, they had not even completed phase 1...they were setting themselves for disappointment. Not every company is going to do well, get over it.

I don't think there has ever been a time like this, where you have so many companies actively working on trying to cure this disease, in the days of intercytex - it was mainly research driven with less competition. The market was also at its infancy.

Companies now are trying to produce an actual product. And have proven, as shown in the case of histogen that they can produce cosmetically visible hairs.

The future is bright for baldies. Thus, the negativity is unfounded for. I am also sure that the scientists working at these places have thought about the same questions raised time and time again by forum members. They are professionals, let them get on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Hi JRQ,

Does their tech work? As in regrow cosmetically visible hairs?
    Hello,

I was unfortunately unable to participate in the phase 2 study. You weren't allowed to be on Propecia 12 months prior to the study, and I had been...so we both decided that since my 12 months off was coming up soon, we would wait so I could participate at this site. Then once I went back, Aderans had stopped testing at that site due to low turnout, and opened some further south. I was extremely disappointed, but was told to wait for Phase 3 in early 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by JRQ View Post
    Actually no, just a very, very persistent young man that would do anything to have hair again; and I think we all know when you want something as badly as this, you will not stop until you get it back.

I'm not here to sugar coat anything at all. I'm personally in the "Replicel is pretty much dead" group here after the results recently posted. With Aderans, the technology is so much more straightforward than many of the others...I know you probably try to be the level head in a room full of optimists, however don't let your role cloud your vision on anything seen as positive. They have officially closed Phase 3 as of February, which is a huge step. We now know that by February 2013, they will have results posted, whether positive or negative. My money personally is on positive.
    Can I have a source for this?