+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Histogen Update

Hybrid View

Default Histogen Update

Looks like they have published some initial findings from their latest trials. Things seem to be moving ahead much more successfully than with Replicel and others. Not sure why there is not more excitement...

http://www.histogen.com/downloads/si..._HSC_Final.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by ryan555 View Post
    Looks like they have published some initial findings from their latest trials. Things seem to be moving ahead much more successfully than with Replicel and others. Not sure why there is not more excitement...

http://www.histogen.com/downloads/si..._HSC_Final.pdf
    you're too late. Everyone has already seen it weeks ago

Oh sorry, I don't come on the boards much anymore. Why are people crying about Replicel when this is an actually viable treatment that may be available in the near future?

Oh sorry, I don't come on the boards much anymore. Why are people crying about Replicel when this is an actually viable treatment that may be available in the near future?
    not sure... maybe it's because Histogen is not actually a cure since follicles are still susceptible to DHT...

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    not sure... maybe it's because Histogen is not actually a cure since follicles are still susceptible to DHT...
    Well if guys could get a treatment once every year or two and stop and/or reverse their hair loss and all without hormonal effects, I'd say that would be a huge step forward.

Well if guys could get a treatment once every year or two and stop and/or reverse their hair loss and all without hormonal effects, I'd say that would be a huge step forward.
    2020 is right. You're way too late. Now people here are planning to assemble an army of bald men with their platoons and respective captains to take over histogen headquarters in Asia.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

The Histogen pdf: http://www.histogen.com/downloads/si..._HSC_Final.pdf

This is a very large pixel dimension pdf document. All of you digital artists or people familiar with Adobe PhotoShop know that PhotoShop can open PDFs and rasterize them at a high resolution. At 45 inches wide by 40 inches high, one gets a clear look at the photos in this document. Histogen could very well hold promise for patients with hair loss. The photos in this PDF could be just a disconnect between Histogen's scientists and marketing department. The photos in the document exhibit the classic before and after photo flash thing. The photo flash thing goes like this: You shoot the before photo with a flash and the bright light obscures some growing hair. The after photos are shot in a lower light environment that allows reasonable detail that was obscured in the before photos. The new versions of PhotoShop have some advanced features that can re-establish pixel contrast obscured by a flash in some cases. I was able to run the male's before picture through a couple of filters and find hair growing from the scalp that was obscured by the flash in the original image. The female's before photo also has a flash with her hair pulled back. The after photo shows her hair forward covering the formerly thin area. The second female photo appears more impressive although the before photo is desaturated for some reason. I am a patient of Dr. Cole's and I asked him about Histogen. He was unimpressed by their presentation at the recent ISHRS meeting because of the photos presented there. Dr. Cole told me the results of new hair loss treatments need to be presented to doctors in the form of sharp consistent images. Dr. Cole also mentioned a "debate" he got into with the presenter at the ISHRS meeting in the Bahamas, which I won't go into here.

I think the bottom line here is, if you scientists have great results, present them in large, clear, sharp, and consistent photographs. Fire the marketing department if necessary. Avoid at all costs strategies that are commonly known by many doctors and patients related to photo flash on before images. This can happen unintentionally and casts a shadow of doubt and certainly doesn't help promote a ground-breaking medical technology.