+ Reply to Thread

Question When to take procecia?

Hi,

I usually take propecia first thing when I get get in the morning. When do you guys think it is best to take it, morning or evening before going to bed.

regards,

Zack

In my opinion I think it would be wiser to take the Finasteride in the morning rather than at night because Testosterone levels are at its highest in the morning

Hey Fellas,

I don't think it matters what time of day we take our Propecia (finasteride). I am not a doctor, but, I believe the way that finasteride works is that it suppresses the DHT in our bodies to a lower, overall steady-state level. Once the finasteride has lowered our bodywide DHT level to this lower steady-state, the continuation of the medication simply keeps it suppressed. With that said, it should not matter what time of day we take our finasteride. I have taken mine at random times during the day/night for over a year now, and it appears to be maintaining my hair.

If we stop taking the medication, it actually takes quite some time (much more than a day) for the DHT to return to its higher levels in our bodies. I have heard Spencer say on his show that some men even take one pill every 2 to 3 days because of this fact. Also, in the 3rd paragraph of Doctor Baxa's post in this thread, he alludes to the same truth.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...=3136#post3136

TeeJay