+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Man looking at your pics, I can see receding when you lift your hair but that's about it. You have a great amount of hair still, more than me trust me. There's so many kinds of hair cuts and hair styles you can pull off that I could never do in my best days. If I had your amount of hair, I would just cover my hairline with all that hair you have, take 1mg fin, and go to college happily everafter without thinking of my hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulr1988 View Post
    I've been taking finasteride for 3 months now because my father has been taking it for over 10 years and it has worked for him. So obviously it has regrown for you right? I'm not so much looking for regrowth just maintenance
    Worst case scenario for your hair when you're on fin is that you will only maintain. Best case is you regrow.

Let me just warn you, I did get a little regrowth[little tiny hair on m temple] but it didn't happen overnight. I quit a bunch of times and have been very inconsistent. So I'm just gonna say to be very patient. You say you've been on it for 3 months. I say, wait a year to see what it's really done to your hair. I have been on it for about 1 year and 6 months and look what it did for me, just tiny little hairs and maintained what I have. You could have better luck than me since you're in better shape than I am when I was at 3 months.

So all i'm saying is to be patient.

Yeah that's what I'm doing, I just graduated in May. I'm a bit OCD about it and am worried about it progressing. Hopefully the finasteride will maintain and I'll just forget about it

Quote Originally Posted by Paulr1988 View Post
    Patientlywaiting:

The first is what it normal looks like (without pulling it back) which pretty much shows zero balding to the average person. The second shot shows the widows peak, which I have always had but it very clear that I am experiencing MPB. The third shot is just a closeup of my hair normally. So I am probably a Norwood 2
    I don't think you are as high as you think. I am not a good NW guesser but I know the fact that you still have that point(Widows peak) means you are still very early in the process. When it goes, that's when you are probably a #2.

/\ Yeah, I think your widows peak makes you look more receded than you really are.

thanks for the responses. I think the widows peak does make it look worse than it really it

All I'm trying to do is maintain, and I'm crossing my fingers that the propecia will work because my hairline corners seem to be getting worse and worse by the day.

I don't think you're even losing your hair, I think your hairline is maturing. A lot of guys will recede to where you are headed and then stop for many years, if their hair loss ever gets worse at all. I'd go see a doctor who can look for miniaturization and tell you if you even need to take Propecia. If so, I think it will definitely halt your hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan555 View Post
    I don't think you're even losing your hair, I think your hairline is maturing. A lot of guys will recede to where you are headed and then stop for many years, if their hair loss ever gets worse at all. I'd go see a doctor who can look for miniaturization and tell you if you even need to take Propecia. If so, I think it will definitely halt your hair loss.
    Can you show me examples of this.

My hairline is exactly the same as his, just less receeded.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Can you show me examples of this.

My hairline is exactly the same as his, just less receeded.
    Go look at any white guy in his 30's with a full head of hair and 90% of the time you will see a hairline that is a couple centimeters higher than it was in his teens. Look at Ryan Reynolds, Johnny Depp, Anderson Cooper, George W. Bush, etc. Most of the celebrities who have low, juvenile hairlines have had them transplanted, like George Clooney, Sean Penn, etc. Very few caucasian men keep the low hairline they had as children, but this is different from balding. The poster of this thread has seen some recession at the corners and temples, but not in the front yet, so it looks more receded than it is. If his hairline is indeed maturing, he will eventually begin to see some recession in the front so that it comes to balance with the sides and then it will stop. The only way to tell for sure is to see a doctor who can look for miniaturization with a digital microscope or a bulk analysis tool. If the level of miniaturization behind the hairline is the same as in the "permanent zone," then you are not balding and you don't need hair loss meds. You do have to learn to accept that your adult hairline is going to look different than when you were a child.