Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

[QUOTE=NeedHairASAP;65590]this forum isn't about you avoiding having to see something. its about getting people interested in hair loss treatments all the necessary information. Spex immediately jumped on my back because he realized he was about to lose a commission. Then this ejj guy came on and started calling Gho "bollocks" while at the same time saying he has avoided the "gho forum" like the plague. This sounds, to me, like how morons form their opinions.

I see transected follicles , not regeneration , on the same picture i have been presented with time and time again , this proves nothing , is this really that hard for you to understand ?

I have avoided the gho topic on future treatments , that is my choice , the op asked about Dr Lindsey and people reply with hasci ? you keep refering to new treatments however present one ......" hasci" , im sure the op is more than capable of finding his way to that thread if he so wished rather than have posters like yourself try and ram it down his and everyone else`s throat

[QUOTE=NeedHairASAP;65590]this forum isn't about you avoiding having to see something. its about getting people interested in hair loss treatments all the necessary information. Spex immediately jumped on my back because he realized he was about to lose a commission.

really , ahh its about commission then

Quote Originally Posted by ejj View Post

I see transected follicles , not regeneration
    elaborate

please

I see many 2 and 3 hair follicular units growing from red holes... explain this please.

Again I see transected hairs growing , how many times do i have to say this?

Why dont you ask your Dr to explain ? why dont you pose these questions on the hasci thread ? and to your Dr ? its ridiculous to ask me to explain his procedure when he himself has done such a poor job on doing so !

Re reading this thread from start to finish its clear its you with a hasci driven agenda you border on the fanatical, there is a thread for hasci for people to debate that i want no part of as i have repeatedly said so , why not pose your questions there, on the relevent thread ? here let me help you find your way back there http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=8583

Quote Originally Posted by ejj View Post
    Again I see transected hairs growing , how many times do i have to say this?

Why dont you ask your Dr to explain ? why dont you pose these questions on the hasci thread ? and to your Dr ? its ridiculous to ask me to explain his procedure when he himself has done such a poor job on doing so !

Re reading this thread from start to finish its clear its you with a hasci driven agenda you border on the fanatical, there is a thread for hasci for people to debate that i want no part of as i have repeatedly said so , why not pose your questions there, on the relevent thread ? here let me help you find your way back there http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=8583
    I see many two hair follicles growing out of the extraction sites. Transection can't really explain what happened with gc38uk.

I am still a naysayer with Gho but I can't explain this patient unless gc83uk had 4-hair follicles or 3 hair follicles.

Also Dr. Gho isn't your regular HT doctor, he is a REAL doctor and researcher. His resume, publications and research is amazing to say the least.

http://nl.linkedin.com/pub/coen-gho/27/b21/198

I'm waiting for his new study this year then things should be a bit more clearer.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

Dr. Lindsey does some very high quality work. Let the results speak for themselves. Spex's hair looks exceptional, I have also seen several other FUE patients with impressive results from Dr. Lindsey.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Lindsey's Avatar

Wow, I didn't even know this part of the site existed... Just stumbled on it this am when Firefox wouldn't load correctly.

Here's my 2 cents:

1. Thanks to Dr. Charles and Spex and a bunch of guys who said nice things; although the thread was too long for me to read the entire thing.

2. I agree with Dr. Charles...let results speak for themselves. Now, you don't always make the "customer"/patient happy, but we certainly try and we've got a decent track record. Make sure if you are picking someone, whether its me, or not, just make sure they have some results to show and you aren't the first or second one they've done.

3. FUE is hard. And unpredictable. If you want predictable results and you'll just keep your hair length a half inch or more...do a strip and save FUE for any later touchups.

4. I couldn't figure out whose case someone was pointing out all these transected hairs growing in....so I have no idea if it was mine or someone else's but: we do our best to extract a follicule intact, refine it under the microscope, and then keep it cool until placed. When we "miss" an extraction, there will be a red spot, and possibly a hair coming out of it if the epithelium(skin) tore off, but the root and hair will live. And occasionally we do a punch around say 3 hairs, and a root ball with 2 roots and hairs comes out and 1 single remains and sticks out of the extraction site...simply because its root was off to the side of the punch path.

5. Bottom line, do your research, and your more likely to make the correct decision on a hair doctor, a car, a new house...almost anything. Take your time and do the research.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA
    William Lindsey, MD
    View my IAHRS Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lindsey View Post
    Wow, I didn't even know this part of the site existed... Just stumbled on it this am when Firefox wouldn't load correctly.

Here's my 2 cents:

1. Thanks to Dr. Charles and Spex and a bunch of guys who said nice things; although the thread was too long for me to read the entire thing.

2. I agree with Dr. Charles...let results speak for themselves. Now, you don't always make the "customer"/patient happy, but we certainly try and we've got a decent track record. Make sure if you are picking someone, whether its me, or not, just make sure they have some results to show and you aren't the first or second one they've done.

3. FUE is hard. And unpredictable. If you want predictable results and you'll just keep your hair length a half inch or more...do a strip and save FUE for any later touchups.

4. I couldn't figure out whose case someone was pointing out all these transected hairs growing in....so I have no idea if it was mine or someone else's but: we do our best to extract a follicule intact, refine it under the microscope, and then keep it cool until placed. When we "miss" an extraction, there will be a red spot, and possibly a hair coming out of it if the epithelium(skin) tore off, but the root and hair will live. And occasionally we do a punch around say 3 hairs, and a root ball with 2 roots and hairs comes out and 1 single remains and sticks out of the extraction site...simply because its root was off to the side of the punch path.

5. Bottom line, do your research, and your more likely to make the correct decision on a hair doctor, a car, a new house...almost anything. Take your time and do the research.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA
    Hey Dr.,

thank you for taking the time to post. However I find it strange you read through the post and didn't realize those photos (you speak of during comment 4) were of Gho's work. To not realize this you would have to deliberately act ignorant of the fact, or have the reading comprehension skills of a 4 year old. Anyway, I find you're strangely veiled criticism of Gho misleading. You are obviously, subtly, implying that Gho is transecting... but why not just say it? why act like you could easily mistake that picture of GCs donor for one of your own? It's a strange way to handle the situation.

Also, if somebody's donor looked as it does in those photos, which you mentioned have 2 and 3 hair follicles regenerating, AND there is close to 100% growth in the recipient as well, THEN what?
    As I understand what you said, this type of follicular-unit-regeneration in the donor during a FUE surgery is not abnormal-- however, in FUE, the botched graft can not be used in the recipient. GC has great yield in recipient and then this regenerating donor that you admitted viewing... thusly, what do you make of it? that type of regenerating in the donor and yield in the recipient surely is not a normal outcome of fue, is it?

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Lindsey's Avatar

You're welcome.

Didn't read the entire thread as I mentioned, may have realized discussion was about someone else...maybe not. Doesn't make much difference, my advice of do your research pertains to all patients and all doctors.

No veiled references to anyone. I call it like I see it and I've never heard of that Dr.....and I've never heard of a lot of doctors. Doesn't make them good or bad.

I do thing Spencer does a pretty good job of screening doctors though. I think Spencer not only does this as an occupation, but also as a calling, to try to educate the populace of their options.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA
    William Lindsey, MD
    View my IAHRS Profile

This thread has gotten way out of hand and far from the topic the original poster had intended. Insulting physicians and forum users who take the time to participate here will NOT be tolerated. We have decided to enlist a couple of our most prolific users to assist in moderating this forum. Threads need to remain on topic. If a post is made that does not stick to the topic at hand, that post will be moved its own thread or if it is a inappropriate post, it will simply be deleted. Those that cannot control themselves and act in a civil manner will have their accounts removed. It is not too difficult to express an opinion without making derogatory and insulting comments.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.