+ Reply to Thread

Default 6 Week Post Op - Am I just being paranoid?

It is funny how moods change. One minute I am on the road to recovery, thinking about my locks in a few months time, now I am slightly paranoid about my hair. All because of a little sun? Maybe, but I can not pin point the exact time that I noticed it but I have now. My road to recovery has now taken a more different state, but one that I believe I need to go through.

I have noticed that on my scalp where I have had the transplant the skin is not the same. It looks like i have ingrowns on my scalp, or my skins pours are larger than normal. It can only been seen under a light but we all know how our hair affects us mentally.

My mum and sister laugh at me as they think I am losing the plot but I can not help but stare at it when I am in the bathroom.

Photos are below. Has anyone else has experienced this? I am about 6.5 weeks out of a procedure. I was truly on the road to recovery than this happens. I am a little down, but I am going to see doctor Woods this week to discuss what is going on, and what I can do to prevent this happening or fix it. I have a feeling that his going to call me crazy, but give me some honest advice. I can only think that because I played soccer under the sun that it has affected my skin, or changed the pigment. However, this is all speculation!

I have decided to test out a new minoxidil as well just to see what happens. I am going to take it easy and see what happens. I am slightly fortunate that my hair is a little longer because I can cover it up, but I am worried about the next procedure where I will do the front.

I am a nature over reactor so you help would be much appreciated at this point.

KD

(for more progress till now refer to my profile for my blog)

It's normal to have some pinkness remaining at this stage and ingrowing hairs are common too. They'll break through the surface in time.

Did the pinkness only come about after being in the sun? You must keep your head covered as the skin will be hypersensitive to the sun at the moment. It's possible you have some sunburn - but like I said, it's also normally to look a bit pink so soon after surgery.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com