+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaan View Post
    Yes, exactly, out of all the people who use a drug, it's mostly the users who've suffered from the sides that will post more on forums. I remember once seeing a video on youtube of Ashton Kutcher on a talk show, and he mentioned his webbed toes. I scrolled down to the comments and literally all the top comments were people saying they had webbed toes too. You'd think MOST people have webbed toes based on what you saw but in reality the people who don't have them have no reason to mention that in the comments.
    But I still think the percentage of men suffering from side effects is more than just 2%, and I hope to god I'm not one of them, because I'm losing hair fast and topical finesteride is one of my last few options left. Do you think a much less percentage of finesteride (0.1% w/v)applied on the scalp goes into systemic circulation?

Speaking of having kids: i'm worried about that aspect too. Finesteride interferes with androgens in our bodies, and sperms develop in presence of those hormones. Is there reason to be worried in the long run because I am right now?

Thanks for answering my questions. Much appreciated.
    No worries mate, happy to help where I can, although I'm afraid some of your questions I can't answer - as for having children for example, I don't want kids and neither does my wife, so that isn't an issue for us.

And yeah, I believe it's called 'selection bias' in sociology/psychology that you observed with Ashton Kutcher and his webbed feet, and with forums like this one. I suppose we all often see what we're looking for, and actively seek it out. I hope you find some peace soon anyway, please hit me up if you have any more questions, like I say, I'm afraid I can't answer a lot of them but I'll do my best.