+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    And the solution is to just accept baldness. Think about it, by stressing over hair loss and going for expensive treatments, balding men are making mockery of their own selves. If we don't care about it, people would stop treating baldness as something inferior.
    Well - its not like anyone told me "You have a choice - take Propecia and keep some of your hair but suffer chronic insomnia, depression, tactile sensitivity, etc. or just lose your hair."

If the choice would have been couched that way - I never would have taken the drug. Unfortunately - when I took it the FDA and Merck marketed it as a "safe" solution - and any side effects dissipate over time.

So while I regret caring for my hair so much - based on the information at the time, it wasn't a reckless decision. I figured I would try it, and if it didn't work, I could just stop. Devastatingly, however, for some men, like myself, once you stop, you never get your old health back.

Prognosis? Have you seen Groundhog Day? Its like that....my only hope is that my body heals itself. No one knows what causes it - and frankly few even care to look.
    Merck is the ultimate winner here - they made billions off this drug. I would hope they try and help the men suffering, since that's doubtful I just hope my body figures it out someday.

Exodus - I sense a slight mocking tone in your post....I am guessing you still have your health?

Quote Originally Posted by jorbie View Post
    Well - its not like anyone told me "You have a choice - take Propecia and keep some of your hair but suffer chronic insomnia, depression, tactile sensitivity, etc. or just lose your hair."

If the choice would have been couched that way - I never would have taken the drug. Unfortunately - when I took it the FDA and Merck marketed it as a "safe" solution - and any side effects dissipate over time.

So while I regret caring for my hair so much - based on the information at the time, it wasn't a reckless decision. I figured I would try it, and if it didn't work, I could just stop. Devastatingly, however, for some men, like myself, once you stop, you never get your old health back.

Prognosis? Have you seen Groundhog Day? Its like that....my only hope is that my body heals itself. No one knows what causes it - and frankly few even care to look.
    Merck is the ultimate winner here - they made billions off this drug. I would hope they try and help the men suffering, since that's doubtful I just hope my body figures it out someday.

Exodus - I sense a slight mocking tone in your post....I am guessing you still have your health?
    That is why I never took any drug to stop my baldness. I am strongly against taking any medicine unless its really necessary. There is no medicine without side effects. And by taking propecia, which has to be taken daily, I think one is playing too much risk with his body. I rather loose my hair then my health and sanity. Hair is no big deal, and with my hair greying, its even lesser of a deal. Even if I were a NW0, I would have shaved my head to hide the grey instead of spending money on dyes.

That is why I never took any drug to stop my baldness. I am strongly against taking any medicine unless its really necessary. There is no medicine without side effects. And by taking propecia, which has to be taken daily, I think one is playing too much risk with his body. I rather loose my hair then my health and sanity. Hair is no big deal, and with my hair greying, its even lesser of a deal. Even if I were a NW0, I would have shaved my head to hide the grey instead of spending money on dyes.
    Easy to say...you have the advantage of hindsight. You are a better man than I.

So you have your health and happiness...and you still choose to come on hair loss forums and belittle men that are suffering real loss? Sounds like you are wasting that health and happiness.....I would gladly trade you. If our roles were reversed, I'd be out enjoying life. Glorious life.
    You choose to troll....interesting use of your healthy and happy life

Quote Originally Posted by jorbie View Post
    Easy to say...you have the advantage of hindsight. You are a better man than I.

So you have your health and happiness...and you still choose to come on hair loss forums and belittle men that are suffering real loss? Sounds like you are wasting that health and happiness.....I would gladly trade you. If our roles were reversed, I'd be out enjoying life. Glorious life.
    You choose to troll....interesting use of your healthy and happy life
    Dear I'm not trolling and I'm not belittling you. And my life is not so much glorious either, I'm just happy with what God gave me. You can't have it all. You lose hair, big deal. I am on this forum just to see how much some men are worrying about their baldness, and then I advise them or sometimes ask them why worry so much.

Dear I'm not trolling and I'm not belittling you. And my life is not so much glorious either, I'm just happy with what God gave me. You can't have it all. You lose hair, big deal. I am on this forum just to see how much some men are worrying about their baldness, and then I advise them or sometimes ask them why worry so much.
    You are in the wrong thread here...the men here have much more to worry about than their baldness. Again....when I was healthy - I went out and did things - learned Chinese, started a birthday party company - and enjoyed the hell out of life.

So you spend your free time (again - when you should be out enjoying your health) telling men that have already taken a drug that "you shouldn't have taken that drug. I know I would never do that." How is that either advice and/or asking why I worry?

And yes - all drugs have side effects. How many drugs cause permanent side effects after a few months use? I can only think of one.......