+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Non-surgical products for the hairline, e.g. Toppik

I've just ordered a trial pack of Toppik to see how it might work with my hairline. I was a bit confused as to what shade I'd need, but decided to go for light brown, because I've heard the medium brown is relatively dark.

I'm curious if sprinkling a bit of Toppik on my hairline will help it look less receded and make it easier to style. I'll update as I learn more.

Any tips on application? I'm not quite sure where Toppik would fit into my usual daily routine, i.e. shampoo hair, blowdry/straighten, add minoxidil foam then style with styling products and fix with hair spray.

Also, are there any other products which might help conceal a receded hairline? I've heard of Dermmatch, but the idea of applying makeup to my scalp is less appealing than sprinkling a few fibres.

Thanks for any answers or tips.

Man I really looked like a hottie with Toppik on LOL.

It is very good, seriously. But I hate deceiving people[girls].

Seriously, a few sprinkles over my head is all it took to turn my frown upside down. I felt like I turned back the clock, 1,000 years. I gotta get me some Toppik again.

Toppik is best for dry hair. You can by the hairspray it comes with, it's good.

I will not recommend using concealar. There is nothing wrong with naturally thinning hair, but doing makeup on ones head (applying paint or powder) – will turn you into freak. No matter how much time you spend applying the stuff, especially on hair-line, it doesn’t look natural.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Man I really looked like a hottie with Toppik on LOL.

It is very good, seriously. But I hate deceiving people[girls].
    Thanks for the review! I don't see the problem though? We all deceive to a degree. A hair transplant would be deception. Women use make up: deception. Even a hair cut, clothes, deodorant could be argued as deceptive. Unless you walk around looking like a caveman, we're all using something to conform to what's either expected of us, or the image we'd like to project.

Quote Originally Posted by ravegrover View Post
    I will not recommend using concealar. There is nothing wrong with naturally thinning hair, but doing makeup on ones head (applying paint or powder) – will turn you into freak. No matter how much time you spend applying the stuff, especially on hair-line, it doesn’t look natural.
    If it doesn't look natural I simply won't use it, thus the trial pack. I have more confidence in the powder being useful for me. I've got male friends that use makeup to cover their bad skin, whereas my skin is fine so I don't. This is just the same except for hair. It all comes down to whether it looks natural or not though.

I'll keep the forum informed.

Any more comments?

Experiment! Be sure to check how you look with a mirror outdoors so you aren't walking around unaware that you look odd.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Hi Mate i use it works well but be sure to towle off the excess or it can drop little bit off onto your face but it definately helps specially if u use some fix or paste and you have more hair to use than me as well.

Can you brush/style your hair after putting the toppik in? Or would that just essentially remove the fibers you just sprinkled on?

Yeah i put it on pat the excess of with a towel brush into a swept up style and using fixing paste holds really well apart from in torrential rain but stays in place well i play football and sweat heavily.

Cool. Does anyone know a good place to purchase Toppik in the US?

A bit off topic (pardon the pun!) But in everyone's opinion, which is better: Nanogen or Toppik.?? I'm using Nanogen at the moment and I like it.

The small, 1 month can has lasted 5 months thats how little I use of it, but still works wonders!