+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

You mean that after everything that you read on this thread that you would consider going to a dermatologist who does hair transplants on the side??? 800 grafts won;t do much for you. Good thing you can’t afford it now!

You may need more. But remember the length of the hair also makes a difference, if you keep it long, it will give the illusion you have enough. After going through a transplant. If you are going to get it done go to someone from this board and not to just any Dermatologist. Anyone can do it in theory, but you might as well spend that money on someone who does this all day, everyday. And to be honest a Board Certified Dermatologist with an IVY League edication doesn't mean he's a good HT surgeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    You mean that after everything that you read on this thread that you would consider going to a dermatologist who does hair transplants on the side??? 800 grafts won;t do much for you. Good thing you can’t afford it now!

Zao I went to a Dr.Fienberg who was highly recommended by a hair stylist. I would be happy to get another consultation by others. Can you recommend anyone else? Here is his website.
    http://www.hairmd .com/

Quote Originally Posted by Hairdude View Post
    You may need more. But remember the length of the hair also makes a difference, if you keep it long, it will give the illusion you have enough. After going through a transplant. If you are going to get it done go to someone from this board and not to just any Dermatologist. Anyone can do it in theory, but you might as well spend that money on someone who does this all day, everyday. And to be honest a Board Certified Dermatologist with an IVY League edication doesn't mean he's a good HT surgeon.
    Okay I will have to find someone from this board. I will have to find the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Someguy View Post
    Zao I went to a Dr.Fienberg who was highly recommended by a hair stylist. I would be happy to get another consultation by others. Can you recommend anyone else? Here is his website.
    http://www.hairmd .com/
    Dr. Herbert Feinberg is a member of the IAHRS and is recommended by the AHLA, so if you are a candidate for surgery he's a doctor with a known track record.

That is good that he is a member of this board. I went to his website, but all the pics are taken from far away, they are not close up. But since it is your crown area, it will just blend in since it will be surrounded by your current hair. It looks like he practices only HT or does atleast 80% HT, I don't know.
    Also beware of celebrities, just because someone does a celebrity doesn't mean you will get the same results. There is a chain in FL who has a few celebrities endorsing them, they may have gotten good transplants, but it doesn't mean you will. They may pull a bait and switch on you.

Dr. Fielberg did say I have fine hair. So I wonder if this will make a difference.

What does that have to do witht he transplant you will get? I suggest you look at the pics, especially close up pics, they are what determines the artistic quality of the surgeon. Pay attention to any bumps or scarring to the area where the hair has been implanted, that is a dead give away. Also check the BBB is he has any complaints things like that. Stay away from chains!! They have a high overhead. Always better to go to a surgeon who has is name on the door. Beware of any bait and switch, that is they show you pics of an undetectable tranplant and then do a crappy job on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairdude View Post
    What does that have to do witht he transplant you will get? I suggest you look at the pics, especially close up pics, they are what determines the artistic quality of the surgeon. Pay attention to any bumps or scarring to the area where the hair has been implanted, that is a dead give away. Also check the BBB is he has any complaints things like that. Stay away from chains!! They have a high overhead. Always better to go to a surgeon who has is name on the door. Beware of any bait and switch, that is they show you pics of an undetectable tranplant and then do a crappy job on you.
    Thanks. I will ask him to see up and close photos when I see him this Friday. I will also ask if he has any references I can call.
    I suppose I should get more Doctors to see. This HT would be at least 1 to 2 years away. I could not swing it right now.

I did start to take propecia and rogaine.

Keep a tab on how much you spend on Propecia and Rogaine.