+ Reply to Thread

Thread: grafts per cm2

Default grafts per cm2

re: density

was told two conflicting views on density

1) anything higher than 40grafts/cm2 would compromise blood supply and graft survival

2) 65grafts/cm2 is the cut-off point for compromising graft survival

any thoughts

Neither is true. It depends on the instrumentation used, how finely the grafts are trimmed, the integrity of the recipient scalp, physician experience, etc., etc. There is no blanket limit.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

so then both doctors lied

oh well

thanks

Can't really say they lied...........they may have just given you the limits of thier skill based on their ability pertaining to the info Jotronic has profided. skill, equipment, graft trimming, ect....

Doc 1 may not have the better equipment, skill, and techs properly preparing the grafts as well as Doc 2. hence the differant outcomes.

keep doing your homework......your on the right track.

40 grafts per cm is low. In most situations grafts can easily be planted higher without risk.

65 grafts per cm might be a typical density for a hairline procedure where donor permits, but like Joe said, it isn't necessarily an absolute cut-off figure.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Quote Originally Posted by northeastguy View Post
    Can't really say they lied...........they may have just given you the limits of thier skill based on their ability pertaining to the info Jotronic has profided. skill, equipment, graft trimming, ect....

Doc 1 may not have the better equipment, skill, and techs properly preparing the grafts as well as Doc 2. hence the differant outcomes.
    totally agree

IN GENERAL, 65 grafts/cm2 seems to be the limit without comprising graft survival

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    40 grafts per cm is low. In most situations grafts can easily be planted higher without risk.

65 grafts per cm might be a typical density for a hairline procedure where donor permits,
    Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    but like Joe said, it isn't necessarily an absolute cut-off figure.
    thanks but i haven't read one story in which a doctor feels comfortable in placing more than 65grafts per cm2 per session

so in general there seems to be a limit per session

Well, few doctors know how to do it to begin with so you won't read about a lot of doctors doing this. Dr. Hasson started the dense pack advances when he showed the first 70 per cm2 case ten years ago. At the time the highest densities were in the 35 per cm2 range and that was pushing it.

Since then he's broken 80, 90 and even hit 100 per cm2 with successful growth. So, when I tell you that there are many factors to consider I'm saying so from a position of experience. Not everyone can do it and when the ability is there the physiology of the patient might not be. Again, there is blanket limit of 65 per cm2 but above this number one must ask the reasoning as few cases require densities that are much higher.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jotronic View Post
    Well, few doctors know how to do it to begin with so you won't read about a lot of doctors doing this. Dr. Hasson started the dense pack advances when he showed the first 70 per cm2 case ten years ago. At the time the highest densities were in the 35 per cm2 range and that was pushing it.

Since then he's broken 80, 90 and even hit 100 per cm2 with successful growth. So, when I tell you that there are many factors to consider I'm saying so from a position of experience. Not everyone can do it and when the ability is there the physiology of the patient might not be. Again, there is blanket limit of 65 per cm2 but above this number one must ask the reasoning as few cases require densities that are much higher.
    oh i see
    i guess my original post was misunderstood

i was speaking in terms of the doctor's general view on implanting grafts per cm2

interesting to hear that some agree to transplant over 65graft/cm2 if the patient's physiology permits

thanks