+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: SkinMedica

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    We both have the same info, that's right. We can both attain the same info as well.

It's just funny to me how most of you simply choose to do a 'peek-a-boo' at these results. Meaning just looking at those hairs from a patient with almost no hair loss at all except at the temples while at the same time ignoring and blocking the whole scope of this "promising" company.

I just look at things as how they are. If you want to call it negative.

That's fine with me.

edit: also look at this thread. We are ranting about how skin medica slowed histogen down, if you ask me histogen was lucky to be slowed down.

So you're telling me skinmedica went secretly to those patients of histogen trials and stop their hairs from growing out with some "anti-hsc" injection?

hahaha.
    alright man lets just enjoy bein miserable than since histogen will never work

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
    alright man lets just enjoy bein miserable than since histogen will never work
    Well, you can always stay here and endlessly talk about histogen and how these companies are 5 years away.

Or you can just move on from this endless loop and enjoy your life now and if a company ever makes it, that's a plus !

I will follow my own advice from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Well, you can always stay here and endlessly talk about histogen and how these companies are 5 years away.

Or you can just move on from this endless loop and enjoy your life now and if a company ever makes it, that's a plus !

I will follow my own advice from now on.
    Well yeah obv we all are trying to move on....but you can't lie in having hope in a company that it could work someday. You want to be realistic and you are prob right that who knows if this crap will even work but having no hope at all just sucks more than hairloss itself.

Scinmedica. Hate people with hair loss.

This is how we treat companies that **** with hair loss cures.

Maradona is the most bipolar person I've ever witnessed online. I don't blaim him, but he obviously struggles a lot with ups and downs. And to all the people who says that shaving your head is to "move on", I rather say it's to "give up".

Histogen seems like a very promising and honest company which I personally think will help us to maintain all the hairs that we have left for as long as we want (approximate).

In addition, why don't people start to be a little bit more proactive? start to contact companies, contact people who have successfully cured other diseases with stem cell treatments, and also find out about the HST procedure? The power lays in the people. Don't be passive, be proactive.

Finally, a little advice: Get an awesome hair system, get on Finasteride, and thereafter live your life. Also this way you won't go depressed around until these treatments/cures actually hit the marked.

Its too late for me brother. Well I suppose its not really too late... but it will be if they don't hurry. I need Histogen to grow back any invisible miniturized hairs quicksmart!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hairysituation View Post
    Finally, a little advice: Get an awesome hair system, get on Finasteride, and thereafter live your life. Also this way you won't go depressed around until these treatments/cures actually hit the marked.
    If you have hair to save then save it with current meds. If you are sporting a NW6 or NW7 then shave it off. Hair systems never look great 100% of the time. So when you have a bad hair day with a hair system it's not like having a bad day with real hair. Your bad hair day is like "oh, look he's wearing a wig. You could look great 99% but that one time it doesn't look right the cat is out of the bag. And it's probably more like 80% looking good and 20% bad days in reality. It's also very expensive ( I paid 1500 to 2500 USD a piece, so i'm talking about really good systems and they need to be replaced every 6 to 9 months) They need a lot of maintenance, example adding hair that sheds out of the system from normal wear and tear( at 75USD an hour), coloring(60.USD) Coloring the system from sun exposure or sea or pool water exposure. The sun, wind, rain are your enemies. And if you put a hat or helmet over you system it does not recover like real hair and looks really fake. If you find yourself in the sun a lot, then expect the hair to oxidize and start to turn a shade of red. Believe me guys, I wore it for many years and it really was a nightmare. You are always thinking "do they notice". Your best days with the system are at night in dim setting. Then it's undetectable. But when your with the same people like family, friends, and especially colleagues at work, day in and day out, you will eventually have a bad day and get busted. Family and friends are always going to have your back for the most part but co-workers, they can and will be brutal. I did the best I could for the years that I wore it but it came to a point that the bad was out weighing the good. So one day I just decided I had enough and I shaved it off and here I am today praying for a miracle and searching for a cure...

Quote Originally Posted by Horseshoe View Post
    If you have hair to save then save it with current meds. If you are sporting a NW6 or NW7 then shave it off. Hair systems never look great 100% of the time. So when you have a bad hair day with a hair system it's not like having a bad day with real hair. Your bad hair day is like "oh, look he's wearing a wig. You could look great 99% but that one time it doesn't look right the cat is out of the bag. And it's probably more like 80% looking good and 20% bad days in reality. It's also very expensive ( I paid 1500 to 2500 USD a piece, so i'm talking about really good systems and they need to be replaced every 6 to 9 months) They need a lot of maintenance, example adding hair that sheds out of the system from normal wear and tear( at 75USD an hour), coloring(60.USD) Coloring the system from sun exposure or sea or pool water exposure. The sun, wind, rain are your enemies. And if you put a hat or helmet over you system it does not recover like real hair and looks really fake. If you find yourself in the sun a lot, then expect the hair to oxidize and start to turn a shade of red. Believe me guys, I wore it for many years and it really was a nightmare. You are always thinking "do they notice". Your best days with the system are at night in dim setting. Then it's undetectable. But when your with the same people like family, friends, and especially colleagues at work, day in and day out, you will eventually have a bad day and get busted. Family and friends are always going to have your back for the most part but co-workers, they can and will be brutal. I did the best I could for the years that I wore it but it came to a point that the bad was out weighing the good. So one day I just decided I had enough and I shaved it off and here I am today praying for a miracle and searching for a cure...
    I agree to the extent that some people might wear a wig like they wear a cap - and not care that people know.

Everybody "knows" Elton John wears a wig.... but he doesnt give a shit.

That said I think for me the answer is to either tattoo my FUT scar. Or add FUE grafts into it. Or maybe both. And then just shave my head and wait.

Obviously science is kicking ass these days more then ever.

In universities 5 years ago they were churning out the previous generation of scientists. Now universities are pumping out scientists that are being taught things like what HSC are researching and doing right now.

Just have to try and not be miserable and depressed while we wait.

And F-U-C-K SkinMedica for making us wait longer.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    I agree to the extent that some people might wear a wig like they wear a cap - and not care that people know.

Everybody "knows" Elton John wears a wig.... but he doesnt give a shit.

That said I think for me the answer is to either tattoo my FUT scar. Or add FUE grafts into it. Or maybe both. And then just shave my head and wait.

Obviously science is kicking ass these days more then ever.

In universities 5 years ago they were churning out the previous generation of scientists. Now universities are pumping out scientists that are being taught things like what HSC are researching and doing right now.

Just have to try and not be miserable and depressed while we wait.

And F-U-C-K SkinMedica for making us wait longer.
    Did I mention F-U-C-K SkinMedica?