+ Reply to Thread

Default Better to have hair short when starting the big 3?

I see people stating they have shedding when they have begun using finasteride and/or minoxidil throughout the first several months of using them.

As a result of recent life changes, I'm going to be interviewing for jobs in for the next month(s) and I would like to minimize the appearance of thinning if it happens. It's hard enough to look for a job in this economy, let alone worry about my appearance as well. Would it be better to keep my hair short or the 2-3 inches or so that it is now?

"This economy" refers to the state of the economy. In other words, the economy is currently seeing high unemployment with very little growth. As a result, companies are hiring less people making it more difficult to find jobs.

As someone with a background in finance, accounting, and economics, I disagree with your assessment of this being a normal economy based on historic averages. That's all I have to say about that topic.

I'm not looking at shaving my head. I'd probably keep it at about an inch on top and a #2 on the sides and back. This is how I normally kept my hair until recently. I've grown it out over the past 2 1/2 months and I believe it looks better. I'm wondering if a shed will be more noticeable with hair of a moderate length or short length.

My hair looks really ugly if I let grow for too long, even though it's straight, the hair loss makes it look bad. And the Rogaine seems to get more on my hair rather than my scalp. So although I like just letting my hair grow freely, I keep it low. But we have different reasons why we cut it though. That's just my reason. To get the Rogaine more on my scalp rather than my hair. As a matter of fact, i'm going to get a haircut right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinningB420 View Post
    As someone with a background in finance, accounting, and economics, I disagree with your assessment of this being a normal economy based on historic averages. That's all I have to say about that topic.
    Hey I was actually thinking of majoring in accounting, but instead chose Criminal Justice.

Yes, u should keep hair short when treating hair-loss. Several reasons - u better manage shorter hair, they tend to give more fuller and neater appearance, u spend less time combing/teasing them (which actually helps in fighting hairloss) and, i think, it arrests (to certain degree) hair-loss as well. also, easier to apply rogaine.