+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I wouldn't hold my breath for these guys.... but you all know who I'm about

Quote Originally Posted by WillhasWill View Post
    Minoxidil and finasteride will hopefully be a thing of the past very soon and in replacement better treatments with no side affects and less maintenance, if not a cure.
    Thank **** for that.

I am trying to avoid FIN at all costs.

Worst shit that can happen to anyone is if they start taking FIN now, then come the new treatments, end up getting the worse sides ever once they get off it.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Thank **** for that.

I am trying to avoid FIN at all costs.

Worst shit that can happen to anyone is if they start taking FIN now, then come the new treatments, end up getting the worse sides ever once they get off it.
    The decision to take FIN has got to be quite a hard one to take. Maybe it's easier if you've got aggressive loss and you're literally desperate and need to make a decision fast.

I'm thinning at the templates and it's a hard decision to make. I know I need to think about starting something sooner rather than later to slow down the process. But with treatments like this potentially available in a few years someone in my position risk FIN now?

But then again if none of the treatments come to fruition we may regret it when we could have started treatment NOW and have slowed the balding process over 3 years or so. We do need to live our lives now. 3 or 4 years, although relatively soon, is long enough, especially when nothing is guaranteed. We don't know if or when they'll come out or how affective they'll be...

We are torturing ourselves here!

Quote Originally Posted by bananana View Post

Have you watched the national geographic documentary about a tribe that hadnt used a single tool to cut trees down.
    They did it by shouting bad words at a tree for a few weeks - and tree would fall
    from "itself".
    Do you have a link to this? I call bullshit...

double post

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    Do you have a link to this? I call bullshit...
    I'll try to find a link tomorrow. But it's true - we even had a lecture about that on college (economics).

I'm saying its very important to be positive and think about how lucky we are cause we'll have the cure/great treatment soon. Think about it...

Quote Originally Posted by bananana View Post
    keep up the spirit guys.

you all dont know the power of positive thoughts.
    our very thoughts and words have huge energy.

I'm actually sure that if you think/speak each day very positively about your hair
    its condition will improve significantly.

Have you watched the national geographic documentary about a tribe that hadnt used a single tool to cut trees down.
    They did it by shouting bad words at a tree for a few weeks - and tree would fall
    from "itself".

I'm saying - be positive goddamit!
    So much talk on this forum has been about positivity, and yet each day we talk shit and piss here regularly.

We'll have a huge improvement in available treatments in 3 years. Maybe even a cure.

Therefore we are the luckiest generation in last 25 000 years.
    You're really right to be positive and I'm glad that you posted that. Some posters' sole purpose on here is to be negative and post negative things. All some people do on here is post negative thing after negative thing, and seem to really enjoy doing so. If some people on here stopped writing negative things, then they would literally have nothing to say.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    You're really right to be positive and I'm glad that you posted that. Some posters' sole purpose on here is to be negative and post negative things. All some people do on here is post negative thing after negative thing, and seem to really enjoy doing so. If some people on here stopped writing negative things, then they would literally have nothing to say.
    Thank you.
    Bitchin' never ever brought any good to anyone.

I agree with you, poisonous people can do a lot of harm for the community, we should encourage positivity and lets not be judgemental about it. Don't argue, don't feed the negativity...

I REALLY believe we are on a verge here. As always, time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    "We hope to have an NDA [new drug application] filed in the U.S. or Asia before the end of 2015.

Early 2016 it will be released.
    More like late 2016 or 2017, unfortunately.

From Wiki:

"Assuming that everything is found to be acceptable, the FDA will decide if the NDA will get a standard or accelerated review... A standard review implies an FDA decision within about 10 months while a priority review should complete within 6 months."

They won't get a priority review for a cosmetic condition, so it'll be 10 months after the NDA is filed. Allow some time for the inevitable delays along the way and I'm thinking 2017 is realistic.

So unfortunately it's "still 5 years away..."

Quote Originally Posted by Pate View Post
    More like late 2016 or 2017, unfortunately.

From Wiki:

"Assuming that everything is found to be acceptable, the FDA will decide if the NDA will get a standard or accelerated review... A standard review implies an FDA decision within about 10 months while a priority review should complete within 6 months."

They won't get a priority review for a cosmetic condition, so it'll be 10 months after the NDA is filed. Allow some time for the inevitable delays along the way and I'm thinking 2017 is realistic.

So unfortunately it's "still 5 years away..."
    In the US which is FDA governed, Asia - earlier.