+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Unhappy 16, Balding is consuming my happiness...

Hey guys, I'm 16 and my hairline is extremely receded. Up until last week I hadn't cut my hair for 6 months and I had a huge blonde fringe. I now have short hair and constantly get comments about how im going bald and that my crown has a bald patch blah blah. I have blonde eye brows and lashes which means that if i shave Ill look like a cancer patient, I also have a huge had and a big ugly nose. I feel as though i do a great job covering my hairline but whenever I make future plans I remember that I could well be almost fully bald, meaning that all the fun things planned will no longer be fun. Suicide is my best option as of now but only part of me wants in. I am doing well at school but in the last 2 days I've not even attended as I'm too obsessed with my hair loss to even want to put the time and effort in to education. Baldness is ruining my life and If i do continue to live I promise that I will devote my existence to creating a cure for baldness once and for good. Ps: its almost certainly male pattern, my brother was bald by 23 and so was my other brother, my mums dad is bald and my uncle is bald, my dad is only just receding now in his late 50s.

Hi Jg1995,

Suicide is not a good option. Your are still very young and there is plenty of time to treat your problem. Since you are so young you stand a very good chance off arresting your hair loss and possibly growing some of what you have lost back. Don't give up without at least trying. The very first thing you need to do is talk to your parents and doctor about it. Go over the available options and see what you can do about it now. When you are a little older you will likely have more options available to you. Hang in there.

HAHAHAH! I love this, I actually laughed whilst reading. Thanks for the support. Only problem I've got is I don't know what the side effects are like. My brother has one of those LIMO hair growth lasers which he no longer uses. Worth a try?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Your parents should be paying for all of this since your parents obviously didn't care enough to consider that maybe sprouting off genetically inferior offspring might not be the most beneficial way for all of you. Get them to pay for your treatment. They brought it on themselves.

Senior Member BaldinLikeBaldwin's Avatar

cosine everything that Scorpion said

except Finasteride shouldn't be used until one's definitely out of puberty, nor any other systemic DHT blocker for that sake

you may use Minoxidil, LLLT (laser) and anything else that might help you. If it's serious you might need to go for some experimental treatments as well

this could end up being quite costly and require a bit of time put into it. you could end up financially ruined and completely consumed by hair loss..

Senior Member BaldinLikeBaldwin's Avatar

by the way, you should never even contemplate suicide

progress being made within the field of stem cell research and hair transplants will mean that most likely within 5-10 years even a bald person will be able to get a head of hair back

Default Don't worry man it could be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Jg1995 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm 16 and my hairline is extremely receded. Up until last week I hadn't cut my hair for 6 months and I had a huge blonde fringe. I now have short hair and constantly get comments about how im going bald and that my crown has a bald patch blah blah. I have blonde eye brows and lashes which means that if i shave Ill look like a cancer patient, I also have a huge had and a big ugly nose. I feel as though i do a great job covering my hairline but whenever I make future plans I remember that I could well be almost fully bald, meaning that all the fun things planned will no longer be fun. Suicide is my best option as of now but only part of me wants in. I am doing well at school but in the last 2 days I've not even attended as I'm too obsessed with my hair loss to even want to put the time and effort in to education. Baldness is ruining my life and If i do continue to live I promise that I will devote my existence to creating a cure for baldness once and for good. Ps: its almost certainly male pattern, my brother was bald by 23 and so was my other brother, my mums dad is bald and my uncle is bald, my dad is only just receding now in his late 50s.
    Don’t be so hard on your self there are people out there starving and they would give an arm and a leg just to get a meal!! Aside from that there are also mentally challenged individuals and their poor parents spend day in day out taking care of a full grown infant. Could you imagine that? With that said my friend please post pictures 16 is far too young to be losing your hair that’s not easy in this culture how’s your parents hair? How young did they lose if any of their own?

Jg1995, in less than 5 years you will be able to grow as much hair as you want! I'm positive of it. A new drug will be tested in another forum in two weeks. A cure is sooner than you might think.....

for now you can just use existing treatments which are fairly effective especially in young people

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    Jg1995, in less than 5 years you will be able to grow as much hair as you want! I'm positive of it. A new drug will be tested in another forum in two weeks. A cure is sooner than you might think.....

for now you can just use existing treatments which are fairly effective especially in young people
    2020; I'm all for remaining positive, but I think we should strive to maintain a healthy skepticism regarding such claims.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldinLikeBaldwin View Post
    by the way, you should never even contemplate suicide

progress being made within the field of stem cell research and hair transplants will mean that most likely within 5-10 years even a bald person will be able to get a head of hair back
    This is what you should be paying attention to. I know it's hard right now, but with the development of new treatments and being so young, you stand a good chance at gaining your hair back by your early 20's.

Take this time to focus and better yourself. Finish school, get a good job, hit the gym. By the time you've accomplished this, there should be a very good treatment for mpb out.

just my two cents.

And people always underestimate hair systems. Yes, the idea is depressing, but hit the wigs and the gym, train your facial expressions in front of the mirror. You'll be a hot long haired guy with charisma. At that point even when girls find out you're bald they'll be too blown away by you to care. If something they'll be amazed you dealt so well with your condition. That's top of the line. It's all about effort. Hair loss is testing you, as a man fight back, don't cower.

By the way, do you have acne or do you notice oily scalp?